Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Ringtone for Cingular/AT&T Wireless Phones  (Read 7499 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
New Ringtone for Cingular/AT&T Wireless Phones
« on: March 23, 2005, 01:16:41 AM »
While surfing AT&T Wireless/Cingular's website for some ringtones, I found 'Family Feud' under "SOUNDTRACKS" and on Page 2 of that category.  Sounds pretty good.  First time I've heard a MIDI rendition of the theme.

Matthew

The URL: http://ringtones.mobile.att.net/AwsPreview

Choose "TONES" in the upper-left corner, then choose "SOUNDTRACKS" in the box above the list of tones.

BTW....WWTBAM (Fastest Finger Round) is on there too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 01:28:52 AM by mparrish11 »
--Matt

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:52:28 AM »
Just went there, and found Feud at the top of page 3, and Mill on 7.

Also, Soul Bassa Nova is listed on page 6, and Carson's Tonight Show theme is on page 4, along with tons of others.

ChuckNet

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 10:47:07 PM »

Also, Soul Bassa Nova is listed on page 6, and Carson's Tonight Show theme is on page 4, along with tons of others.

Seems like the ringtone fields are really expanding for us couch potatoes...for all you Philadelphians out there, WPVI's homepage actually offers a ringtone of the classic Action News theme ("Move Closer To Your World") opening cut, which I naturally DLed on the spot...I'm sure you locals will appreciate it, come GSC13. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

mystery7

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 11:17:50 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 10:47 PM\']Seems like the ringtone fields are really expanding for us couch potatoes...for all you Philadelphians out there, WPVI's homepage actually offers a ringtone of the classic Action News theme ("Move Closer To Your World") opening cut, which I naturally DLed on the spot...I'm sure you locals will appreciate it, come GSC13. :-)

[snapback]79208[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some phones can accept MP3s as ringtones. I'm planning on importing a few goodies into mine right now...

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 11:22:49 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 10:47 PM\']
Seems like the ringtone fields are really expanding for us couch potatoes...for all you Philadelphians out there, WPVI's homepage actually offers a ringtone of the classic Action News theme ("Move Closer To Your World") opening cut, which I naturally DLed on the spot...I'm sure you locals will appreciate it, come GSC13. :-)

[/quote]

I'm way ahead of ya, Chuck....My phone's been ringing happily with it for months. :)

Mike Tennant

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 11:43:38 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 11:22 PM\']I'm way ahead of ya, Chuck....My phone's been ringing happily with it for months. :)
[snapback]79212[/snapback]
[/quote]
Think maybe you ought to answer it?

DrBear

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 12:14:39 PM »
Just downloaded it myself...Channel 11 in Green Bay used to use the same music, and as late as 1999 I saw a station in the Michigan upper peninsula using it. It's a classic. Thanks!
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 11:43 AM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 11:22 PM\']I'm way ahead of ya, Chuck....My phone's been ringing happily with it for months. :)
[snapback]79212[/snapback]
[/quote]
Think maybe you ought to answer it?
[snapback]79262[/snapback]
[/quote]

Definitely should be considered for LINE..........OF...........THE...........DAY!! :)

sshuffield70

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 09:47 PM\']

[/quote]

Surprised anyone's still using it after 35 years.  KXAS used it only up to 1984.

mystery7

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 05:12:09 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 05:04 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 09:47 PM\']

[/quote]

Surprised anyone's still using it after 35 years.  KXAS used it only up to 1984.
[snapback]79322[/snapback]
[/quote]
WNEP in Scranton PA uses a modern instrumental version.

ChuckNet

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 06:42:38 PM »
Surprised anyone's still using it after 35 years. KXAS used it only up to 1984.

Well, it's become kind of an institution in the Delaware Valley...in fact, WPVI attempted to replace it w/a more modern arrangement sometime in the late 90s, but due to viewer protest, the original was brought back after only a wk.