Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What old game is back in reruns?  (Read 1480 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
What old game is back in reruns?
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:09:03 AM »
"2-Minute Drill" is finally getting a (another?) run on ESPN Classic. Eps will air weekdays at 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM Eastern starting next Monday.

The first season - when the panel was usually filled with ESPN Heads who could actually read their questions in a timely manner, along with the contestants being allowed the interrupt said questioning if they knew the answer - remains my favorite U.S. game show of the new decade.
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:48:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 08:09 AM\']The first season - when the panel was usually filled with ESPN Heads who could actually read their questions in a timely manner, along with the contestants being allowed the interrupt said questioning if they knew the answer - remains my favorite U.S. game show of the new decade.
[snapback]111675[/snapback]
[/quote]
Okay, I didn't watch much of this, but: are you telling me that in the second season, the player had to waste his valuable time sitting there while some marblemouthed athlete stumbled through the entire question, even if they knew the answer halfway through?

If so, considering this is a timed game, that's the most idiotic notion I have ever heard.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jalman

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 01:48 PM\']
Okay, I didn't watch much of this, but: are you telling me that in the second season, the player had to waste his valuable time sitting there while some marblemouthed athlete stumbled through the entire question, even if they knew the answer halfway through?

[snapback]111682[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, because dagnabbit, Mr. Davies wanted his viewers to have maximum play-along value.  Silly know-it-all Schwabs.