Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel Of Fortune  (Read 4489 times)

Don Howard

Wheel Of Fortune
« on: February 18, 2006, 08:54:56 AM »
While watching America's Game on Friday night after a contestant landed on the ?$1000$? Mystery Space in the Mystery Round, Pat didn't even caution the home audience that they were about to reveal what was behind the wedge before the spinner had decided whether or not to pick it up. Now that's bad cabaret. At least give some of us the chance to avert our gazes if we want to. Very very bad cabaret indeed. I'm tellin' ya---the time will come when they spill the beans on what the puzzles are for the viewers before the first spin (surprised there's no graphic for that yet THE FIRST SPIN! swish!!!) to "make it more fun" for us.
This has been The Don Howard Commentary.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 10:10:15 AM by Don Howard »

Robert Hutchinson

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »
It's especially hilarious during any show that's been edited to pieces, since they usually have to cram the "audience reveal" into that half-second right after the wheel stops moving. I was averting my eyes earlier this season, but then I realized that I didn't really give a crap either way.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChuckNet

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 08:03:23 PM »
I'm tellin' ya---the time will come when they spill the beans on what the puzzles are for the viewers before the first spin (surprised there's no graphic for that yet THE FIRST SPIN! swish!!!) to "make it more fun" for us.

What, you didn't enjoy that last yr of daytime TTTT when they would show the home audience who the real central character was before the start of the game? LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

sshuffield70

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 04:51:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 18 2006, 08:54 AM\']I'm tellin' ya---the time will come when they spill the beans on what the puzzles are for the viewers before the first spin (surprised there's no graphic for that yet THE FIRST SPIN! swish!!!) to "make it more fun" for us.
This has been The Don Howard Commentary.
[snapback]110447[/snapback]
[/quote]

Am I the only who knew GULLIVER'S TRAVELS just looking at a friggin' apostrophe?

Robert Hutchinson

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 06:01:26 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 04:51 PM\']Am I the only who knew GULLIVER'S TRAVELS just looking at a friggin' apostrophe?[/quote]

I've often wished I could get a friend to suffer through watching Wheel with me, just to prove that I can occasionally solve puzzles on the reveal. (I believe I needed whatever the first revealed letter was on that puzzle, though.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChuckNet

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 12:33:08 AM »
Am I the only who knew GULLIVER'S TRAVELS just looking at a friggin' apostrophe?

LOL...no, I once guessed "MOTHER'S DAY" in the same fashion while playing the WoF CD-ROM.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Steve Gavazzi

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »
I once got "I'VE GOT A SECRET" on just the apostrophe...although it helped that the category was Classic TV. :-P

I've always been more impressed by my dad giving the right question for Final Jeopardy! without the answer, anyway. :-)