Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND ratings...  (Read 1865 times)

weaklink75

DoND ratings...
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »
I think tonight and Friday are likely going to be the best nights ratingswise.....The competition is weaker those nights and they could steal a timeslot win one of those two days, maybe both.

Tuesday and Wednesday they're up against AI shows, so you know they won't win there....

A 3rd place is likely Tuesday beacause they're up against NCIS on CBS as well.

Wednesday they could get a 2nd place because other than AI, there's not a lot at 8PM...

Thursdays again, 3rd is likely, because it's up against the AI results show and a new Survivor....they got lucky that Dancing with the Stars is over at ABC, so that will help.

The 18-49's will be the key....if they can post some strong numbers Monday and Friday, and perhaps Wednesday, they should be OK, and it'll lead into the regular slot on Mondays, which is probably the best slot for them.

FeudDude

DoND ratings...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:40:47 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 05:25 PM\']The 18-49's will be the key....if they can post some strong numbers Monday and Friday, and perhaps Wednesday, they should be OK, and it'll lead into the regular slot on Mondays, which is probably the best slot for them.
[snapback]111465[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think that as long as DoND does well this Monday night, we won't have to worry about it getting the pink slip anytime soon.. Yeah, it'll get pummelled by Idol, but at least NBC knows better than to schedule it there regularly.  This won't be another LMaD '03, and hopefully NBC will remember to restrict it to once a week, except for one week during each sweeps period.  That said, I wouldn't put it past NBC to do celebrity shows (*shudders*) in the not-too-distant future.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:41:28 PM by FeudDude »

ChuckNet

DoND ratings...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »
That said, I wouldn't put it past NBC to do celebrity shows (*shudders*) in the not-too-distant future.

They just did 2 wks worth in Australia, featuring celebs from their version of Dancing w/the Stars (among them TV critic Molly Meldrum, who took celeb WWtBaM for $500K some 3 yrs ago).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

scottua1

DoND ratings...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:06:21 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 05:40 PM\']another LMaD '03, and hopefully NBC will remember to restrict it to once a week
[/quote]
I don't know if they'll remember that. They're already scheduled it for Monday and Friday nights at 8 ET both next week and the following week.

GSmaniac

DoND ratings...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 12:04:27 PM »
The ratings are in and it looks good.
DOND posted an 8.1/12 for NBC and increased in its second half hour
www.zap2it.com/tv
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:14:57 PM by GSmaniac »

CaseyAbell

DoND ratings...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »
MediaLifeMagazine says the show won its slot in 18-49 with a 4.5. Not a huge number but just fine by NBC's standards, and up oh-so-slightly from the show's first week.

By the way, MediaLifeMagazine figures we're all born 18 years old and we all die on our fiftieth birthdays. The site rarely deigns to take notice of anybody outside The Demo. Okay, grumpy disclaimer: I'm 54.

Looks like DoND has a shot at consistently winning its permanent Monday night slot in both overall and 18-49. That'll keep it on NBC's otherwise woeful schedule.

I think DoND could well beat the old-skewing NCIS in 18-49. Even an overall win wouldn't astound me. NCIS got a 2.5 in 18-49 last week and a 6.7 overall. Okay, it was a repeat against AI and the Olympics. But NCIS has never been an 18-49 powerhouse.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:39:29 PM by CaseyAbell »

scottua1

DoND ratings...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:38 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 01:31 PM\']Looks like DoND has a shot at consistently winning its permanent Monday night slot in both overall and 18-49. That'll keep it on NBC's otherwise woeful schedule.
[/quote]
I'm not so sure. FOX could be a problem. Last night's competition on FOX was Skating with Celebrities, which finished 4th. But next week, 24 will be 2 hours starting at 8, then Prison Break returns from its hiatus in the 8pm Monday slot.

I think Prison Break will be tough competition for Deal in the 18-49 demo. I know I'll be recording Prison Break (and 24 next week).

CaseyAbell

DoND ratings...
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »
Anything's possible, but Prison Break only pulled an average 9.2 million viewers, according to this USA Today story. On Monday DoND did 13.5 million viewers and a respectable 4.5 18-49 number (8.1 overall). We'll see how the long-term competition plays out.

As for next Monday, the last episode of 24 did 8.1 overall (sounds familiar) and 5.5 18-49. So DoND looks competitive overall and not far behind in 18-49.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:25:59 AM by CaseyAbell »