Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND clip from Tuesday posted  (Read 1778 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND clip from Tuesday posted
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:18:47 PM »
We had a request to post the clip of the final segment of Cheryl Jackson's DoND game from Monday and Tuesday.

We've also had a discussion recently about the relative merits of YouTube vs. Google Video, and never having used either one as a provider rather than a viewer, I thought it would be an interesting experience to try both.

I will say, of the two, YouTube seems to be a lot easier to use...you don't have to install an app just to upload, for example...you can do it all off of the website. It also seems faster (though both were awfully slow...of course, I'm on cable which means my upload speeds suck), and Google Video seems to want to keep the thing in limbo forever and a day while they "verify" it, while YouTube had it available a lot faster.

So I'll be interested in seeing which one people have a better experience with on the receiving end.

(And sorry about the quality...I record at Basic quality for pretty much everything aside from hockey on the Tivo, so it's gonna be a hair grainy.)

Here's the YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJHVRLNCXdM

And the Google Video...well, still waiting. I'll update this post when I have a link there.

UPDATE: Google Video denied me, I'm guessing because they decided it was copyrighted content. So I guess we're going with YouTube.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:14:48 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 06:18 PM\']UPDATE: Google Video denied me, I'm guessing because they decided it was copyrighted content. So I guess we're going with YouTube.
[snapback]111717[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's odd.  I posted this clip on Google Video sucessfully....

(Yay, 600 posts!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:59:32 PM by WhammyPower »

clemon79

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Mar 2 2006, 04:33 PM\']That's odd.  I posted this clip on Google Video sucessfully....
[snapback]111812[/snapback]
[/quote]
The difference may be that you posted a clip of a 15 year old show and I posted one from this week. I dunno WHY that makes a difference to them, but whatever. I wasn't particularly enamored with the idea of having to install an app on my machine just to upload video to them...I see no reason why that can't be done through a Web interface, so I'm not all that heartbroken.

byrd62

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2006, 07:43 PM\'][quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Mar 2 2006, 04:33 PM\']That's odd.  I posted this clip on Google Video sucessfully....
[snapback]111812[/snapback]
[/quote]
The difference may be that you posted a clip of a 15 year old show and I posted one from this week. I dunno WHY that makes a difference to them, but whatever. I wasn't particularly enamored with the idea of having to install an app on my machine just to upload video to them...I see no reason why that can't be done through a Web interface, so I'm not all that heartbroken.
[snapback]111813[/snapback]
[/quote]

15?  Considering that this was Password Plus and that was Tom Kennedy, it was more like 25 years old to me.

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Mar 2 2006, 05:05 PM\']15?  Considering that this was Password Plus and that was Tom Kennedy, it was more like 25 years old to me.
[snapback]111814[/snapback]
[/quote]
Jaysus. I _am_ that old. Yer right. :)