Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "We've Got Your Number" pilot w/ Jack Barry  (Read 4862 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"We've Got Your Number" pilot w/ Jack Barry
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »
DUrng one of my free-time extravaganzas (extravaganzi?), I slowed down the credit roll of the Jack Barry "We've Got Your Number" pilot (the one with the big electronic dice), and I saw this:

CREATED BY
JACK BARRY
WILLIAM T. NAUD
and
RICH JEFFRIES

Can anyone explain the story behind this?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:04:18 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 03:56 PM\']CREATED BY
JACK BARRY
WILLIAM T. NAUD
and
RICH JEFFRIES

Can anyone explain the story behind this?
[snapback]112152[/snapback]
[/quote]
Somebody named Rich Jeffries, who may or may not have been the same person as the announcer, came up with the idea for We've Got Your Number?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:16:25 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »
Well, figured that. Wondering if anyone knew if it, in fact, WAS the announcer named Rich Jeffries who came up with the idea for We've Got Your Number.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 10:41:02 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 07:23 PM\']Well, figured that. Wondering if anyone knew if it, in fact, WAS the announcer named Rich Jeffries who came up with the idea for We've Got Your Number.
[snapback]112155[/snapback]
[/quote]

The announcer was Rich Jefferies. Notice the different spellings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 03:57:49 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 06:56 PM\']CREATED BY
JACK BARRY
WILLIAM T. NAUD
and
RICH JEFFRIES
[/quote]
Though that pretty much confirms who was behind Rhyme and Reason.

Name coincidences are nothing new.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 10 2006, 03:57 AM\'][quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 06:56 PM\']CREATED BY
JACK BARRY
WILLIAM T. NAUD
and
RICH JEFFRIES
[/quote]

[snapback]112366[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think I had read somewhere that Rich Jeffries (not the announcer) was involved with the old Vincent Price "ESP" show, which sort of earned him a creator credit for "Blank Check" without any actual involvement - sort of like Jan Murray "creating" the Chuck Barris "Treasure Hunt" (which, in a way, he did, but without the goofy stunts of Tom Pedi, Mike and Ellen Metzger, and Steve Friedman).

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 02:43:21 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Mar 10 2006, 06:34 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 10 2006, 03:57 AM\'][quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 06:56 PM\']CREATED BY
JACK BARRY
WILLIAM T. NAUD
and
RICH JEFFRIES
[/quote]

[snapback]112366[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think I had read somewhere that Rich Jeffries (not the announcer) was involved with the old Vincent Price "ESP" show, which sort of earned him a creator credit for "Blank Check" without any actual involvement - sort of like Jan Murray "creating" the Chuck Barris "Treasure Hunt" (which, in a way, he did, but without the goofy stunts of Tom Pedi, Mike and Ellen Metzger, and Steve Friedman).
[snapback]112371[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seems to me that Mr. Jeffries (no relation) was also credited as an AP on "Blank Check" (and was credited as co-creator with William T. Naud in a "based on an idea by" credit).  However, I also realize that Howard Merrill got a "Creative Supervision" credit on "IGAS" all throughout Allan Sherman's stint as producer, despite the fact that he dropped out of the show after he and Sherman sold the show to G-T, so just because a person's name is on the credits it doesn't necessarily mean they're actually involved with the program.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 03:53:28 PM »
Not sure if these names are coincidental, or if these are the game show personages, but a William T. Naud produced and directed a 1972 AIP movie entitled "Wild in the Sky," that listed a Ralph Andrews as executive producer, a Richard Gautier and Peter Marshall as writers and Gautier and a Larry Hovis in the cast.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 10 2006, 02:53 PM\']Not sure if these names are coincidental, or if these are the game show personages, but a William T. Naud produced and directed a 1972 AIP movie entitled "Wild in the Sky," that listed a Ralph Andrews as executive producer, a Richard Gautier and Peter Marshall as writers and Gautier and a Larry Hovis in the cast.
[snapback]112410[/snapback]
[/quote]

With Larry Hovis and Ralph Andrews' names together, they almost have to be the same people.