Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Tribute PR (Knotts, Weaver, McGavin)  (Read 5972 times)

Robair

GSN Tribute PR (Knotts, Weaver, McGavin)
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:52:24 AM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....04307072&EDATE=

There's the link, but I think it might be short shrift giving Don Knotts only a half hour. I kinda sorta knew that his color IGAS (rather than a BW appearance or two) would be picked, but just the one? He did quite a bit of "Beat the Clock" and a few primetime Feud episodes with his "Three's Company" gang. How 'bout those?
--Robair

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »
Watch out, Robair. Matt's going to beat you to a bloody pulp.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:21:38 PM by chris319 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 11:08:20 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 04:21 PM\']
Watch out, Robair. Matt's going to beat you to a bloody pulp.[/quote]
Well, as long as you mention it, my pet peeve HERE is different.  

"Because we respect the great talent and remarkable accomplishments of these individuals, and their contributions to the medium of television, we're going to do a very special tribute to them AT THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!"

Anybody else with a huge archive (AMC, TCM, TV Land) is very quick to put up a primetime tribute, or at the very least an afternoon of shows.  Would it really put their schedule so completely out of whack for GSN to find a more realistic hour to air these "special" shows?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FeudDude

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 11:08 PM\']"Because we respect the great talent and remarkable accomplishments of these individuals, and their contributions to the medium of television, we're going to do a very special tribute to them AT THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!"

Anybody else with a huge archive (AMC, TCM, TV Land) is very quick to put up a primetime tribute, or at the very least an afternoon of shows.  Would it really put their schedule so completely out of whack for GSN to find a more realistic hour to air these "special" shows?
[snapback]111619[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, a week of Feud episodes featuring Weaver at 5 pm isn't too shabby.  However, we'll probably have to wait until someone who appeared on Millionaire dies before we see a primetime tribute.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 11:40:51 PM »
I understand TVLand had a three hour AG marathon tonight.  In addition, there'll be a 48 hour AG and 3C marathon this weekend.

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 06:54:06 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 11:40 PM\']I understand TVLand had a three hour AG marathon tonight.  In addition, there'll be a 48 hour AG and 3C marathon this weekend.
[snapback]111625[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's mostly AG. They've stuck 3C from 11pm to about 5am.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:54:20 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 08:38:14 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 12:25 AM\']Well, a week of Feud episodes featuring Weaver at 5 pm isn't too shabby.  [/quote]
Even there, though, it's just Feud in its regular time slot.  It just seems if GSN really wanted to do tributes, they could squirrel away a couple of hours on the weekend when people might actually tune in to see a tribute.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 08:38 AM\'][quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 12:25 AM\']Well, a week of Feud episodes featuring Weaver at 5 pm isn't too shabby.  [/quote]
Even there, though, it's just Feud in its regular time slot.  It just seems if GSN really wanted to do tributes, they could squirrel away a couple of hours on the weekend when people might actually tune in to see a tribute.
[snapback]111658[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do they still have the rights to air NBC Weakest Link? If so, they could have aired the NBC TV stars past and present celeb episode in which Weaver participated.

irismason42

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 05:26:36 PM »
Wasn't the Country vs. Cowboy week of Family Feud also shown during the nighttime? because it was preceded by All New 3's A Crowd As I Recall.

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 07:03:45 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Mar 8 2006, 05:26 PM\']Wasn't the Country vs. Cowboy week of Family Feud also shown during the nighttime? because it was preceded by All New 3's A Crowd As I Recall.
[snapback]112251[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think this week did air once or twice c. 2000-01, when Celeb Feud episodes(mostly Dawson weeks from ABC Daytime or Syndie, with a few Combs Feud weeks thrown in) aired weeknights at 10PM EST.