Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This show has been edited for broadcast  (Read 1602 times)

gaubster2

This show has been edited for broadcast
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:09:18 PM »
Is there a reason why the announcer no longer says, "this show has been edited for broadcast" on TPIR anymore, when necessary?  I think the last time I heard it was back in the mid-90s from Rod.

Have the rules changed?  Randy?

Also, what constitutes a disclaimer like this at the end?  Would a stop tape be a reason?  Or only when something has been edited out for time or content reasons?  I'm specifically referring to Price, because IIRC, the syndicated Match Game always had Johnny O's disclaimer at the end.  In that case, I figured it was simply a matter of editing out the extra time the celebrities took to write their answers down.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Chris

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 10:09 AM\']Is there a reason why the announcer no longer says, "this show has been edited for broadcast" on TPIR anymore, when necessary?  I think the last time I heard it was back in the mid-90s from Rod.
[/quote]
My guess is that because shooting live-to-tape is basically a dead art form anymore, they just don't bother.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
I'm specifically referring to Price, because IIRC, the syndicated Match Game always had Johnny O's disclaimer at the end. In that case, I figured it was simply a matter of editing out the extra time the celebrities took to write their answers down.

In the case of "Match Game", it could also have been when a celebrity gave an inappropriate answer, and they had to do a pick-up after the show and edit the acceptable answer in.  Sometimes the end-of-show disclaimer would read something like "this show has been altered to meet broadcast standards without affecting the outcome of the game".  I saw that on GSN's airings of the show a few times - back in the days when they actuallly ran the credits of course!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!