Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Marathon  (Read 4284 times)

BrandonFG

Game Show Marathon
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 12:22:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 11:23 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 09:17 PM\']Are we talking a close replica, or just nothing but greenscreen walls? [/quote]
Honestly, think about this.  How hard could it possibly be to recreate sets that were cheesy and reasonably inexpensive in the seventies?  Do you really think they'd rather go to the phenomenal difficulty of creating essentially the same thing in green and superimposing the whole thing onto what would have to be still pictures of the original, empty sets?  Did we learn nothing from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow?
[snapback]112614[/snapback]
[/quote]
My bad...I suppose the crop of revivals had me a bit worried so to speak, so there's times when I don't put anything past production staffs today. I guess my biggest concern being how much it would cost to do a number of different sets. Nowadays, what's considered "reasonably inexpensive"? Obviously it's not going to be a "Winning Lines" type of set...

Regardless, I am highly optimistic about this whole thing.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

Game Show Marathon
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 12:39:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Mar 13 2006, 01:15 AM\']Thanks, Matt. Now I've got a mental image of a giant projection of the head of Mark Goodson explaining the final round of the marathon.[/quote]
No, no, you've got it wrong.  Sir Lawrence Olivier playing the giant head of Mark Goodson explaining the final round of the marathon.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.