Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Week's Ebay Report  (Read 3519 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This Week's Ebay Report
« on: March 12, 2006, 06:23:07 AM »
Some kind of unprofessional-looking DVD release...I can't say I've seen it before. Shows include The $64,000 Question, I've Got a Secret and Dollar a Second.
You thought the "$4.99 Mystery Box" was bad....now you can spend $100 on a mystery package!  The seller claims to have been on WWTBAM about a month ago, and further claims he won $50,000. (he's from Eugene, OR) He also claims his wife was on WoF.  Unless someone can prove me wrong....bull feces.
Supposedly, a check from "The New Treasure Hunt"...the prop they used.  Seller does have 99.8% feedback...maybe someone can authenticate this quickly?
Ticket for "The Sky's The Limit".  Two things...Monty Hall's name is misspelled...and I thought Gene Rayburn hosted it.
A "Provisional Ticket" for The Price is Right with Bill Cullen.  The ticket still touts the show as being "new".
This lot of games has the harder to find 3rd edition TPiR game in it...though I remember when this went for over $70 or $75.
And finally, what has to be fun...a horse racing game promoting "American Dream Derby".

I would have gone more extensively through the Movies/TV games, but there were nearly 2600 to look through.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 06:24:47 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

WhammyPower

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:49:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 05:23 AM\']Supposedly, a check from "The New Treasure Hunt"...the prop they used.  Seller does have 99.8% feedback...maybe someone can authenticate this quickly?
[snapback]112527[/snapback]
[/quote]
Feedback doesn't mean a thing anymore.

gwarman2005

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
I'd bid on the "mystery box", however I never heard of Wheel Of Furtune so I won't take the chance.

Don Howard

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 06:23 AM\']Some kind of unprofessional-looking DVD release...I can't say I've seen it before. Shows include The $64,000 Question, I've Got a Secret and Dollar a Second.
[/quote]
The other, which claims to be a game show, is What Are The Odds? hosted by what's-his-name from Tales Of Tomorrow. Game show, my eye. The brief interview segment with Howard Keel is nice for me personally being a fan of musicals and of Dallas. I rented this on VHS from the library. Don't need to own it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:42:25 AM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
If you have a Kroger store in your area, you should be able to find that same DVD for one dollar.  I have it and it's actually "The $64,000 Challenge" hosted by Sonny Fox.  Jan Murray makes for a good host in "Dollar a Second." I'd say it's worth a buck, but try your Kroger store first before bidding on ebay.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:54:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 07:23 AM\']Ticket for "The Sky's The Limit".  Two things...Monty Hall's name is misspelled...and I thought Gene Rayburn hosted it.[/quote]
The show was so obscure that even the EOTVGS guys missed it.  Gene Rayburn was the first host, and Monty came along later.  It started local, and there seems to be some confusion as to when (or even whether) the show became a full NBC network show.  Gene Rayburn's face is on the cover of the box game, and this was an early Bob Stewart effort, possibly his first.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 02:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 03:23 AM\']claims to have been on WWTBAM about a month ago, and further claims he won $50,000. (he's from Eugene, OR) He also claims his wife was on WoF.  Unless someone can prove me wrong....bull feces.
[/quote]
Okay, I'm terribly amused that you're disputing EVERY OTHER fact he's presented in this auction...but you don't even question his city of origin.
And finally, what has to be fun...a horse racing game promoting "American Dream Derby".
Stretch Run, from what I read on BoardGameGeek.com, is a pretty mediocre horse racing game with really nice bits. If you want to play a GOOD horse racing game, get Royal Turf or The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 06:23 AM\']"The New Treasure Hunt"...the prop they used.  Seller does have 99.8% feedback...maybe someone can authenticate this quickly?[/quote]
I'm questioning this one for several reasons...

1.  As far as I know, the checks weren't hand-written.  The "pay to", "amount", and written amount lines would've been either written with a much darker pen or would've been placed on there with adhesive characters.
2.  It's made out to Mr. Jay somebody.  Since all contestants were female, shouldn't that be made to Mrs. Jay?
3.  That Barris signature looks nothing like any of the other Barris signatures I've seen.  Major red flag there.

Could it be a real prize check, filled out and signed by a secretary?  That seems more plausible than it being a prop check.

GS Warehouse

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 07:05:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 12:19 PM\']If you have a Kroger store in your area, you should be able to find that same DVD for one dollar.  I have it and it's actually "The $64,000 Challenge" hosted by Sonny Fox.  Jan Murray makes for a good host in "Dollar a Second." I'd say it's worth a buck, but try your Kroger store first before bidding on ebay.
[snapback]112538[/snapback]
[/quote]
The Kroger stores in my area have something a little better...Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

clemon79

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 04:05 PM\']The Kroger stores in my area have something a little better...Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
[snapback]112583[/snapback]
[/quote]
And I gotta think in a lot of areas (and the Seattle Albertson's stores sell them too) this is like eating White Castle sliders from out of the freezer...a fair substitute if you don't have an actual dedicated store anywhere in your area, but not even close to a substitute for the real thing. :)

(That said, I know quite a few supermarkets that have better donuts than KK.)

cmjb13

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »
You can also be your own camera man
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 02:50:31 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 05:40 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 06:23 AM\']"The New Treasure Hunt"...the prop they used.  Seller does have 99.8% feedback...maybe someone can authenticate this quickly?[/quote]
I'm questioning this one for several reasons...

1.  As far as I know, the checks weren't hand-written.  The "pay to", "amount", and written amount lines would've been either written with a much darker pen or would've been placed on there with adhesive characters.
2.  It's made out to Mr. Jay somebody.  Since all contestants were female, shouldn't that be made to Mrs. Jay?
3.  That Barris signature looks nothing like any of the other Barris signatures I've seen.  Major red flag there.

Could it be a real prize check, filled out and signed by a secretary?  That seems more plausible than it being a prop check.
[snapback]112581[/snapback]
[/quote]

The prop checks also seemed to be paid to the order of "cash."

I also doubt it being a real check other than petty cash, since I assume that the real checks would have the amount imprinted by a checkwriter, rather than handwritten.  Over at H-H, when Monty occasionally had a check on "LMAD" or Tom Kennedy showed a check on "SS" whenever the cash jackpot was $1,000 or more, it always was imprinted rather than handwritten (I don't remember if the prop check was signed by Monty, Stefan Hatos or someone else).

It also said up in the corner "Let's Make a Deal--Split Second, Hatos-Hall, Inc., 6430 Sunset Boulevard," etc.  Yep--G-T and H-H were in the same building and the H-H logo was on their elevator floor button (from when I tried out for "Card Sharks" in 1979).  G-T's wasn't, but then again they had two floors.

alfonzos

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »
Stretch Run, from what I read on BoardGameGeek.com, is a pretty mediocre horse racing game with really nice bits. If you want to play a GOOD horse racing game, get Royal Turf or The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game.
[snapback]112546[/snapback]
Royal Turf will be published by Out of the Box games and retitled Winner's Circle. The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game is good too but, true to the title, the chances of the horse on which one has bet of finishing the race are not good! TRNHRG is only available in England.

I recommend Win, Place & Show by 3M and Avalon Hill or the more obscure Across the Board by MPH Games. Both games are out of print but appear frequently on eBay.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 11:26:29 PM by Matt Ottinger »
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

clemon79

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 06:45:41 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Mar 13 2006, 03:29 PM\']TRNHRG is only available in England.
[/quote]
Yes, but I know people. :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 01:32:10 AM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Mar 13 2006, 04:29 PM\']The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game is good too but, true to the title, the chances of the horse on which one has bet of finishing the race are not good![/quote] Dunno what game you're playing. There are only six horses. My first game I had a horrible run of luck, but at least ONE horse has to finish, right? Really Nasty was also Really Expensive; the copy I got at Hamley's was 40 pountds a few years ago. Worth every pence, too.

TRNHRG is only available in England.
[snapback]112692[/snapback]
Being available in England is merely an inconvenient obstacle now, as opposed to making acquiring certain games nearly impossible to get.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:32:42 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle