Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal UK Contract Extension  (Read 1350 times)

TravisP

Deal or No Deal UK Contract Extension
« on: March 17, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
Finally, after the speculation earlier this week. Channel 4 & Endemol has signed an exclusive deal to keep the show up to December 2007 at least.

http://www.endemol.com/Press%20center/defa...fID=7153&rID=13

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
After seeing some clips of British DoND, and a full episode on Mike Klauss's site, I must say I'm amazed how well done it is! The suspense and raw emotion really flows.

pownster

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »
I am so glad to hear about this too! The UK version of the show is IMO the best version of DoND going around at this time. Noel Edmonds is a class act as a host, the contestants really get into the spirit of the game, and the "mystery" banker handles his role well too. I must also reiterate what whoserman said - the tension and emotion feels so real (probably because it is!)

Channel 4 has found itself a genuine hit - may it be long lasting!
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 09:14:08 PM »
Superb news.  I agree with Mr. Powney.  While the US and Dutch versions are great, the UK version blows both of them out of the water.  Noel is an outstanding host, the camaraderie between all the contestants is excellent (think Jackpot! but for a much longer time), and the banker is a great unique character, unlike the banker on any version I've seen.  If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have downloaded and burned over two dozen episodes of UK Deal to CD.

Indeed, Channel 4 has a great 1-2 punch with Countdown and Deal.