Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dirty Rotten Cheater on i  (Read 4343 times)

ilb4ever2000

Dirty Rotten Cheater on i
« on: March 18, 2006, 03:20:55 AM »
At 3 AM ET, I discovered that i is rerunning "Dirty Rotten Cheater." So if you're a fan, you might want to check it out quickly. I don't know if they're running it again later.

I don't know about the individual stations, but the i national feed has rid itself of many hours of infomercials, only to replace them with el-cheapo black-and-white movies, el-cheapo black-and-white sitcoms like "My Little Margie" on the lowest quality prints possible, and PAX original reruns. Not even their online schedule reflects this change.

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 08:17:41 AM »
Looks like I'll do a manual recording tonight, and hope for the best.

EDIT: looks like the guide has been updated for my affiliate, and it's coming on at 11 AM.  I'll be gone then, so I'm recording that timeframe instead of the overnight one.

EDIT 2: Oops, can't read the guide.  Apparently, it's on at 11 AM... on PAX.  Yes, it still exists... on channel 55.2 in my metro area.  ( Screenshot )
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:13:25 AM by WhammyPower »

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:24:37 AM »
I'm sure this has been cleared up somewhere before, but why does the primetime programming have only the i bug, while this "new" programming has both the PAX and i bugs?

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 10:44:53 PM »
Maybe they're too cheap to remove the Pax bug from the previous airings?  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Mar 18 2006, 02:20 AM\']At 3 AM ET, I discovered that i is rerunning "Dirty Rotten Cheater." So if you're a fan, you might want to check it out quickly. I don't know if they're running it again later.

I don't know about the individual stations, but the i national feed has rid itself of many hours of infomercials, only to replace them with el-cheapo black-and-white movies, el-cheapo black-and-white sitcoms like "My Little Margie" on the lowest quality prints possible, and PAX original reruns. Not even their online schedule reflects this change.
[snapback]113356[/snapback]
[/quote]

No "Worship" overnight anymore?  That was Pax's wee small hours revenue generator from the beginning.

(Well, turning to www.pax.tv (or www.ionline.tv), this week shows "Paid Programming" in the overnight hours, but next week shows things like "Knife Show" or "Coin Show."  Is Shop-at-Home buying time on i?

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 20 2006, 02:10 PM\'][quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Mar 18 2006, 02:20 AM\']At 3 AM ET, I discovered that i is rerunning "Dirty Rotten Cheater." So if you're a fan, you might want to check it out quickly. I don't know if they're running it again later.

[snapback]113356[/snapback]
[/quote]

No "Worship" overnight anymore?  That was Pax's wee small hours revenue generator from the beginning.

(Well, turning to www.pax.tv (or www.ionline.tv), this week shows "Paid Programming" in the overnight hours, but next week shows things like "Knife Show" or "Coin Show."  Is Shop-at-Home buying time on i?
[snapback]113601[/snapback]
[/quote]

That, possibly, and Worship is now a subchannel unto itself.

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »
They've had infomercials overnight for at least a few mos now, perhaps concurrent w/the name change...being up @ 4:30 for my radio job, there's been a few occasions when I trek down to the basement to do some dubbing before I leave and, while setting up, briefly catch a glimpse of Kevin "Natural Cures" Trudeau or someone else trying to push their product.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 01:50:51 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 20 2006, 03:10 PM\']No "Worship" overnight anymore?  That was Pax's wee small hours revenue generator from the beginning.[/quote]

I always saw "Worship" and "Public Affairs" listed for the national feed and it's always been regular infomercials instead. Another thing that confused me (but then I moved on)...

And it's not Shop at Home buying time, it's some low-budget "Cutlery Channel" buying time, I believe.

By the way, there's an old black-and-white movie on right now...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:52:31 AM by ilb4ever2000 »

Tim L

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:03:50 AM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Mar 21 2006, 01:50 AM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 20 2006, 03:10 PM\']No "Worship" overnight anymore?  That was Pax's wee small hours revenue generator from the beginning.[/quote]

I always saw "Worship" and "Public Affairs" listed for the national feed and it's always been regular infomercials instead. Another thing that confused me (but then I moved on)...

And it's not Shop at Home buying time, it's some low-budget "Cutlery Channel" buying time, I believe.

By the way, there's an old black-and-white movie on right now...
[snapback]113667[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've been getting i on Dish Network the last few weeks, and outside of prime time I've seen nothing but informercials.

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 03:21:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' date=\'Mar 21 2006, 02:03 AM\']I've been getting i on Dish Network the last few weeks, and outside of prime time I've seen nothing but informercials.
[snapback]113668[/snapback]
[/quote]

I must be getting some magical Pax/i hybrid with "Ozzie and Harriet" and "Beverly Hillbillies" reruns.

snowpeck

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 05:09:21 AM »
Here's how it works.  If you have an actual I/Pax affiliate... a local station in your area that carries I/Pax programming, you'll more than likely get the overnight infomercials and shop at home stuff.  If you get I/Pax as a cable channel you're getting the national/satellite version of I/Pax.  You can also get the national/satellite version if your I/Pax affiliate is multicasting on their digital broadcast signal (more than one station on a channel alottment).  This version is airing such programming as Ozzie and Harriet, I Married Joan, and old public domain movies, as well as reruns of such originals as Dirty Rotten Cheater and Beat the Clock.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

davemackey

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »
The home shopping is OK by me; I just surf by it in fear that I'm confronted by Don West yelling "GEM MINT TEN!" at the top of his lungs at 3 in the morning.

brianhenke

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 02:45:51 PM »
DRC reruns have been on Pax/i as much as six times a weekend for over a year now.

Brian

Lasting expressions?
The leaves start to change color in May?