Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Audience Needed for Chain Reaction Revival  (Read 9836 times)

itiparanoid13

Audience Needed for Chain Reaction Revival
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:53:28 PM »
Embassy Row (Who Wants to be a Millionaire) is teaming up with GSN to bring back a revival of a classic Bill Cullen game show: Chain Reaction.  The two companies are combining their efforts to bring back this show bigger and better than ever and give it a long run as it deserves.  Care to be in the audience?  They are looking for a smalll audience full of people who love game shows, who share the passion for game shows that GSN and Embassy Row have, and people who can show great enthusiasm.  If you live in the New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania area and want to drive to New York City, here's a chance to see a great show.

INFO:
Tape Date- Wednesday, March 29th at 1:30PM ET to 4:30PM ET
Place: Sony Studios, 460 West 54th (b/w 9th & 10th- closer to 10th Ave on the south side of the street)

*****MUST RSVP to DAN VOLPE at drv@embassyrow.com to get your ticket(s)*****

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 12:53 PM\']Embassy Row (Who Wants to be a Millionaire) is teaming up with GSN to bring back a revival of a classic Bill Cullen game show: Chain Reaction.  The two companies are combining their efforts to bring back this show bigger and better than ever and give it a long run as it deserves. 
[snapback]114270[/snapback]
[/quote]
You're kidding, right?  Wow, this is a pleasant surprise.

Brandon Brooks

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »
I was in a bit of shock also, I didn't expect it.  If I didn't have classes on Wednesday, I'd definitely be driving up tonight.  I hope we can get a nice group of people to go up and see this.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
If we could post pictures, an O RLY owl would go here.

Wow. If they do this more like Cullen and less like Edwards, this will be AWESOME. And PLEASE give me the Instant Reaction endgame. (Yeah, I know, I'm asking for a lot.) :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SamJ93

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
I work only a few blocks away from the studio, so I'm going to try and get out of work a bit early to go over and check it out.  If all goes well, a full taping report will follow...

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

beatlefreak84

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »
Wow. If they do this more like Cullen and less like Edwards, this will be AWESOME.

I humbly disagree with you, Mr. Lemon...:).  While, yes, the production of the show was a lot better with Cullen than Edwards, some things about the Cullen version bothered me that were fixed with the Edwards version:

1.  I didn't like the fact that the lengths of words determined how many points you'd score.  For example, you could get a really easy long word and get way more points than somebody who got a short word, but was hard to figure out.  I thought the way Edwards' version did the scoring was great in that regard.

2.  While I certainly enjoyed "Go," the "Instant Reaction" bonus round didn't really seem to fit in with the overall show, IMO.  The bonus round used on Edwards' version was a lot more akin to the front game, and I liked the fact that I, at home, could play along with it.

3.  I liked the teams of two format used on Edwards' version as opposed to the celebrities on Cullen's version.  That seemed to make the game go a lot faster.

HOWEVER, I will say that the change to individual players from teams on Edwards' version was horrible!  So, I'm hoping that they go with the way Edwards' version had it with the teams...:).

Anthony

EDIT:  Wow; I hit 200 posts, and it only took me about three years...:)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:55:12 PM by beatlefreak84 »
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

mystery7

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
Embassyrow.com has no info on host or anything, much less a web presence that's more than a placeholder. Got a hookup with more info on the show itself? Hugely interested in getting out there to see this.

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 01:54 PM\']2.  While I certainly enjoyed "Go," the "Instant Reaction" bonus round didn't really seem to fit in with the overall show, IMO.
[snapback]114285[/snapback]
[/quote]
I've never understood this complaint (and you're not the only one to have made it); in the front game you link letters to form words, while in the bonus you link words to form sentences.  You're still making a chain in both cases.

The one change I did like in the Emmons/Edwards version was the ability to give a letter to the opposing team instead of taking it.

remlap

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 07:44 PM\']If we could post pictures, an O RLY owl would go here.

[snapback]114281[/snapback]
[/quote]

YA RLY.

It had to be done.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
*Insert belief that Sale's Winner's Big Money Game would make more sense as an endgame for Chain Reaction here*

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 02:56:06 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 01:55 PM\']Embassyrow.com has no info on host or anything
[snapback]114286[/snapback]
[/quote]
This is the big comeback all diehard Blake Emmons fans have been waiting for.
What exciting news to come out of the blue on two days' notice.
Please, God, make it a hit. This could usher in the break for that type of show on The Network For Games I've had my fingers crossed for. Maybe they can find a place for Shandi on this one, too. Or......Icey! Oh, mighty Icey.

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »
If GSN would revive CR, I wonder what the chances are for the original to return to the schedule? Would be nice to see it again..

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 01:54 PM\']2.  While I certainly enjoyed "Go," the "Instant Reaction" bonus round didn't really seem to fit in with the overall show, IMO.  The bonus round used on Edwards' version was a lot more akin to the front game, and I liked the fact that I, at home, could play along with it.[/quote]
Fine, have whatever Chain Reaction bonus game you want.

Then revive GO.

First word that the new IGAS is going to be true to the classic, now word they want to revive a Bob Stewart game.  
Awfully good day for traditionalists.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:14:42 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 03:14 PM\']Then revive GO.
[snapback]114296[/snapback]
[/quote]
Works for me. KO still does the weather in Buffalo, yes? The commute shouldn't be too arduous.
While we're at it, Pass The Buck anyone?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 03:23:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 03:17 PM\']While we're at it, Pass The Buck anyone?[/quote]
OK, Don, back away from the keyboard and no one gets hurt.

But heck, somebody's noticed that there are some fun Stewart formats that they own now.  Who knows what the possibilities could be?  A couple more of these get greenlit, I may have to throw my hat in the ring to host one of them.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.