Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie Deal query  (Read 1393 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Aussie Deal query
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »
If a player wins the car during the front game, what happens during the Double or Nothing game?  Is the contestant given the value of the car in cash for the gamble, another amount of cash between $20,000 and $50,000, or must the contestant risk the car?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aussie Deal query
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:26:02 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' post=\'115437\' date=\'Apr 5 2006, 06:21 PM\']
If a player wins the car during the front game, what happens during the Double or Nothing game?  Is the contestant given the value of the car in cash for the gamble, another amount of cash between $20,000 and $50,000, or must the contestant risk the car?
[/quote]
Good question. I suppose the only way that can happen is if the player picks the car initially and sticks it out until the end, so I would guess that the chances of finding out firsthand are pretty slim.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

Aussie Deal query
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »
You really can't risk an amount of money equivanlent to the car's price- what if you lose? They take away your automatic transmission and power steering? I see two solutions:

1) There is an amount of money in the trunk that is not revealed until the car is won, and that is used for the wager, or

2) triplecrown's second solution- It would seem that they would have to risk the car for a certain amount of money or a second car.

Speaking of cars on Deal, was the Hummer from two weeks ago a granted wish, or are they going to use cars as deals on a regular basis?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:58:23 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aussie Deal query
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'115447\' date=\'Apr 5 2006, 07:57 PM\']
You really can't risk an amount of money equivanlent to the car's price- what if you lose? They take away your automatic transmission and power steering? I see two solutions:

1) There is an amount of money in the trunk that is not revealed until the car is won, and that is used for the wager, or

2) triplecrown's second solution- It would seem that they would have to risk the car for a certain amount of money or a second car.
[/quote]
Have you met Craig Karlberg?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

Aussie Deal query
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »
I would say they maybe don't use the Double or Nothing on a car win... they just end the game.

Brig Bother

Aussie Deal query
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'115512\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 07:48 PM\']
I would say they maybe don't use the Double or Nothing on a car win... they just end the game.
[/quote]

I suspect this is correct - they don't ALWAYS get a post-deal dealing opportunity.