Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Aussie game show tix...  (Read 1946 times)

catkins522

Need Aussie game show tix...
« on: March 29, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »
To all Aussie game show fans...

In about 6 months to year, I am flying Down Under to Sydney for 1-2 weeks.  Since I am a game show fan, I am going the see TPiR and Temptation (and maybe try to be a contestant).  What is process to getting tickets?  Do I mail them, email them, or do I wait until I am a tourist?

Side note:  Do you know when TPiR and/or Temptation are taping?

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Gus

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:48 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'114665\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 04:56 PM\']
...I am going the see TPiR...
[/quote]

Wait, did they bring that back already? I thought it was cancelled in January or December.

catkins522

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'114670\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 05:52 PM\']
...I am going the see TPiR...
[/quote]

Wait, did they bring that back already? I thought it was cancelled in January or December.
[/quote]

My bad...  It's cancelled.  Darn it.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'114665\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 01:56 PM\']

In about 6 months to year, I am flying Down Under to Sydney for 1-2 weeks.  Since I am a game show fan, I am going the see TPiR and Temptation (and maybe try to be a contestant).  What is process to getting tickets?  Do I mail them, email them, or do I wait until I am a tourist?
[/quote]
I am almost sure there was something on Nine's website about getting tickets to Temptation tapings. The site is: http://ninemsn.com.au.

TPiR, having long since been cancelled, might be a little harder to get tickets to. ;) You might take a stab at Larry Emdur's new gig, tho, as host of their latest incarnation of WOF.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 04:56:19 AM »
That raises an interesting question though....does anyone know if Charles would have, in fact, been eligible to be a contestant?

I know that Canadians are allowed on our Price, but outside of that...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

remlap

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 07:04:58 AM »
Isnt Temptation also taped in Melbourne?

I know PiR was, but thats always been its home.

http://seven.com.au/seven/orphan_040323_wheeloffortune For Wheel which tapes in a suburb of Sydney

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/section....name=temptation Temptation (ticket info at the bottom) 03 area code is for the South East area so Victoria & Tasmania, if thats the number for the studios that is.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 07:12:09 AM by remlap »

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:33:09 PM »
For some reason, I want to say I've read that you were only eligible for the Aussie Price if you lived in the same city that it taped in.

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
I recall WoF, during the disastrous 1996 season, having an American contestant...Tony Barber asked if she was familiar w/our version, even making a reference to Pat and Vanna.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

davidhammett

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 02:44:12 AM »

Side note:  Do you know when TPiR and/or Temptation are taping?

Charles
[/quote]

Well, in as timely a response as I can make, I'll answer your questions based on my experience yesterday, having just returned from my own trip Down Under and having seen two episodes of "Temptation" taped on Tuesday.  Chumley, if you will e-mail the audience folks there (I believe the address is elsewhere in this thread, and it's also on the Temptation website), they can give you a list of tape dates.  I "reserved" two seats for the 10 am taping, and although making a reservation is probably a good idea, I'll point out that we essentially walked in off the street for the taping.  No one ever asked our name or checked us off a list.  In fairness, the audience wasn't full either (it would have been quite empty had it not been for a group of 30-40 primary school children in attendance), so it wasn't much of an issue, but I just found it amusing how relatively easy it was to just walk right in (after going through security) and see the show.

That being said, a couple of comments.  I'd be interested to know what if any Standards and Practices are employed in Australia.  During one commercial break, the champion got up out of his seat without consulting anyone and walked right into the audience to have a chat with his wife; I can't imagine any similar show here letting you do that.  Also, it was fun to see the former announcer of the most recent Aussie $otC as the audience warmup.

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 10:28:40 PM »
Interesting to find out about S&P over there, David - it must be the same ideal in France.  When I saw "Questions Pour Un Champion" taped in January 2002 in Paris, not only were the contestants just casually sitting in the audience with their companions and the rest of us, but the show had no problem with me taking pictures around the set - in fact they were kind of amused by it.  They let my group of seven also come onto the set and take a picture with the host as well.

Guess this is perhaps because there were maybe 20 of us in the audience that day?

BTW, anything to report back about the taping?

R.

davidhammett

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 03:13:56 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'115534\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 09:28 PM\']
Interesting to find out about S&P over there, David - it must be the same ideal in France.  When I saw "Questions Pour Un Champion" taped in January 2002 in Paris, not only were the contestants just casually sitting in the audience with their companions and the rest of us, but the show had no problem with me taking pictures around the set - in fact they were kind of amused by it.  They let my group of seven also come onto the set and take a picture with the host as well.

Guess this is perhaps because there were maybe 20 of us in the audience that day?

BTW, anything to report back about the taping?

R.
[/quote]

Not much to report that wouldn't give away the outcome; the shows will air April 17 and 18.  There was a rather loud crash behind the set during a break where apparently a gift shop item was to be loaded in; this precipitated a long stopdown with no subsequent explanation.  The shows are not quite done to time, although the longest planned stopdown each time is when the losers are kissed off and the winner makes his or her way to the prizes (so that the models, cameras and such can set up).  The warmup guy is the same one who did the announcing on the most recent Sale version; he's been working at Channel Nine for 43 years!

Also, while there "Temptation" televised its first QuizMasters tournament, which featured former champs from "Temptation," WWTBAM, and the previous $otC run.  The grand final aired this past Monday night, when Rob beat out Yolanda and took home the $100K top prize.  It was interesting to note that, given the nature of the game, they had to make the gift shop items especially tempting; the $6 offering was worth $4000... and the host added $5000 on top of that... no sale.  For $10, they offered a $6K prize with $10K cash tacked on... no sale.  In the end, Rob's momentum took a needed turn when he uncovered the Lockout space on the Fame Game board, which gave him the next three questions all to himself.  A very exciting game!

And, on a related note, a quick visit to a Toys'R'Us while there netted me home game versions of both "Temptation" and DoND... sweeeeeet.