Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Live  (Read 5058 times)

SamPrainito

Family Feud Live
« on: April 02, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »
I'm more excited about this than I was about TPIR Live, because with TPIR was obvious they would be recreating the current show.  Based on the ads I've seen the Feud show has more of a retro feel.

Are there any new details to report?  Host?  Set?

Most importantly, are there any pictures yet?

-Sam

tvrandywest

Family Feud Live
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 07:51:51 PM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' post=\'115105\' date=\'Apr 2 2006, 03:40 PM\']... Are there any new details to report?  Host?  Set?...
[/quote]The set is nothing short of incredible! Michael Berger is hosting. The first show is today, Sunday. I'm sure you'll see posts from members who were there.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SamPrainito

Family Feud Live
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »
Thanks Randy!  That's what I was hoping to hear.

I'm not a fan of the current Feud.  For me, there's gotta be fiddle music or it's not Family Feud, it's Family Fortunes!

-Sam

Particleman

Family Feud Live
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »
As I type this, Family Feud Live is probably just over with now with all winners being processed.  And I think now is the time I bring this up...

For those of you who may not know, I once had some Flash software available on my website, katymae.com.  The software was in presentation format meaning they weren't play-along games but game control programs.  Late last year, I removed all my software and never explained why.  Well, now I feel I can explain why.

I was put in charge of the game computer for Family Feud Live.  My software controls the trilon and all the readouts.  All this past week, I've been in Atlantic City installing it and training the computer operator.  

So having said that, the set is really amazing.  A lot of hard work went into making this a good show.  Even if you're a casual viewer of Family Feud, you will have a good time here.  The whole room had a Feud feel to it and Michael just awesome as host.

Thanks for bearing with me.  Sorry if it seemed like I snubbed you guys but it wasn't that at all.

By the way for those who I know will do this, PLEASE don't request a copy of the software.  It won't even work on your computer anyway.

goongas

Family Feud Live
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:53:41 PM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' post=\'115105\' date=\'Apr 2 2006, 07:40 PM\']
I'm more excited about this than I was about TPIR Live, because with TPIR was obvious they would be recreating the current show.  Based on the ads I've seen the Feud show has more of a retro feel.

Are there any new details to report?  Host?  Set?

Most importantly, are there any pictures yet?

-Sam
[/quote]

(609) 343-4081 explains how some of the details of the game.

cmjb13

Family Feud Live
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 10:33:30 PM »
Just got back from Family Feud live. I'd say it was about 1/2-3/4 full.

Registration begins in the same location used by TPIR. There are no qualifying questions asked here. It's basically your name & seat number. Takes 2 minutes tops, so you shouldn't have to line up to register. It goes very quickly.

I must say the set is fantastic. It's basically an updated version of the Combs set. The survey board is beautiful. Just think of the Combs/Dawson display replaced by a projection screen with the software. Combs music was used, with some Dawson 94 thrown in. The announcer is quite good as well. Probably a member of the crew since they only need to announce the families.

2 "Families" start the show. (We were not told how they were chosen). First family to 200 points wins $500. They play 3 rounds (Single, Double, Triple) which I'm sure may differ depending on answers left on the board.

The keypads for audience members are used throughout the show. You are instructed to press 1 if you think a family member gave an answer that's on the survey and to press 2 if you don't think it made the survey. You do this for every answer given, including the face-off. You must wait until the siren light starts flashing otherwise you get locked out. If both team members get a strike at the face-off, the question goes to the next member of the team. Once a family reaches 200 points, they win $500 and the stage is cleared.

Up to this point the audience member who did the best in time & answers to the yes/no survey questions, gets called to play fast money for $1000. They are allowed to choose a family member or friend (or even a complete stranger) to try to win. One of the teams got $1 per point as a consolation prize.

Clips of various Family Feud episodes are shown. The only notable versions missing were Dawson 94 & Anderson 99-02. Yes they did show Karn. Later, they also played various game show clips including TPIR, Match Game 7x/98, Distraction & Family Fortunes. Some, if not most, of the clips are from the Game Show Gone Bananas specials (most notably the MG "dimples" & Feud "September" clips)

At this point 10 people are chosen based on how well you did on the keypads up to that point. They are divided into teams of 5 (not sure if the person who did the best is determined team captain) and play the same single, double, triple game. Once the team wins, the stage is cleared.

Then 3 questions are asked with 6 possible answers. You have to choose the most popular answer. Everyone is eligible including people who haven't already been on stage. The person who does the best/fastest after 3 questions, plays fast money for $5000. It was not won, and this was not mentioned at the show, but it looks like a progressive jackpot.

Either before the 3 questions or after (I forget), there's a list of 5 names read who win $50.

If we're lucky to have the TV version revamped to look 1/10th as good as this, we're in good shape.

I would highly recommend going out of your way to see this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 02:19:20 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

FOXSportsFan

Family Feud Live
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 11:12:37 PM »
I plan to make a trip in the coming weeks...

davewalls

Family Feud Live
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:33:04 PM »
With Michael Berger as host, who is the announcer for the show? I don't think that's been mentioned yet...
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

FOXSportsFan

Family Feud Live
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:03:52 AM »
Fair question...and moreover, do they consider radio DJs from AM dials as prospective candidates to be such announcer-types (WAVES ARMS IN THE AIR LIKE AN IDIOT).  And btw Dave, had to take the opportunity to say...nice work in your first win on You've Been Sentenced.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:04:44 AM by FOXSportsFan »

cmjb13

Family Feud Live
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:11 AM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' post=\'115202\' date=\'Apr 3 2006, 10:33 PM\']
With Michael Berger as host, who is the announcer for the show? I don't think that's been mentioned yet...
[/quote]
See my previous post. There was no announcement of his name, but I don't think there's a need for just an announcer considering the amount of time they actually announce. It's probably a crew member.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Live
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115235\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 05:06 AM\']
See my previous post. There was no announcement of his name, but I don't think there's a need for just an announcer considering the amount of time they actually announce. It's probably a crew member.
[/quote]
The announcer is probably going to do the warmup, too, though, isn't he? So you'd think you at least want some local comedian with a decent voice or something.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davewalls

Family Feud Live
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:38:06 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'115210\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 12:03 AM\']
Fair question...and moreover, do they consider radio DJs from AM dials as prospective candidates to be such announcer-types (WAVES ARMS IN THE AIR LIKE AN IDIOT).  
[/quote]

They do. I submitted my resume/package to them, and did have some discussions, but was told
they had found what they needed before a chance to audition for the FF show. Very gracious people,
I appreciated that.

[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'115210\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 12:03 AM\']
And btw Dave, had to take the opportunity to say...nice work in your first win on You've Been Sentenced.
[/quote]

Thanks! For a little cable access game show, it's a lot of fun. I go back sometime at the end of the month for my "return" appearance.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

FOXSportsFan

Family Feud Live
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 11:26:34 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'115245\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 08:22 AM\']
[/quote]
The announcer is probably going to do the warmup, too, though, isn't he? So you'd think you at least want some local comedian with a decent voice or something.
[/quote]

*WAILS ARMS IN THE AIR MORE*

Sorry, I'm starving for the work, rofl.  Yeah, you'd think they could go with a local comedian (or JRJ is he was up for it, lol) or radio guy for the gig.  I would include the other rejected Price announcers, but they have full time gigs elsewhere (be it in radio/voiceover work).

Hell, that's what might have kept me from getting the public address gig for Atlantic City's arena football team.  I lost out to some hip hop DJ (I at the time was merely the PA voice of my county college)...luckily the team went under after their inaugural year so I really didn't lost out on much.  It was one of the few times I was ever confident that I had a shot at getting a gig.  Alas, that's the business eh?

For those, btw who have yet to see Mr. Walls on the Delaware based game show I mentioned, head to Pos Pro TV's website .  And look for the You've Been Sentenced video.  Fun little show and for what it's worth, it's not bad.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:27:17 AM by FOXSportsFan »

cmjb13

Family Feud Live
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 01:54:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'115245\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 09:22 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
There really was no warm-up per se. Before the show started someone from the crew came out and told us the show would be starting shortly.

I will say at times this show could have used a warm-up due to the lack of applause at times. But even so, the show is extremely fun without it.

asertv

Family Feud Live
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 12:34:23 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115271\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 12:54 PM\']
There really was no warm-up per se. Before the show started someone from the crew came out and told us the show would be starting shortly.

I will say at times this show could have used a warm-up due to the lack of applause at times. But even so, the show is extremely fun without it.
[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the Feud...

The show is going through the first week adjustment stage right now, and the warmup is being worked on as I type.  It will most likely resemble the TPIR Live warmup, in one form or another.  The interactive part of the show has also been tweaked in the last 24 hours, and now allows for a more natural flow like the tv show.  Again, all part of the opening week tweaks.  But we're just getting started.  More to come.

Dave Walls, stay by your phone please...