Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild - 1990  (Read 2129 times)

jmangin

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »
I have a few questions about the bonus game...

In addition to the jokers, how many prizes were in each window?  I seem to remember a $1000 and $500 prize present during most bonus games.

If a joker came up (but not three together), I remember that the contestant had to name a prize for that joker (one of the prizes in the other two windows) and then those matching windows were frozen immediately.  Is this true?

Could you un-freeze windows should something better come up in a later spin?

Did the lights chase for a frozen window or were they static?

Thanks!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:49:50 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'116386\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 01:26 PM\']
If a joker came up (but not three together), I remember that the contestant had to name a prize for that joker (one of the prizes in the other two windows) and then those matching windows were frozen immediately.  Is this true?
[/quote]
Yes, you had to declare what a joker would be, at which point it was changed into whatever you picked (the actual effect was the top and bottom halves of the Joker opening into the new prize), and then you froze if you liked. I don't THINK you had to pick one of the other two prizes, nor were you forced to freeze. In fact I wanna remember once that someone who only got a couple of spins in the endgame elected not to freeze anything on their first spin to take another crack at the Joker Jackpot on their second one.
Pretty sure you couldn't.
They were static.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jackpotman800

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'116386\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 04:26 PM\']

In addition to the jokers, how many prizes were in each window?  I seem to remember a $1000 and $500 prize present during most bonus games.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Prizes: I don't know exactly how many prizes are in each window.
Jokers: When one or two jokers appear, he or she can turn it into any prize visable on (any of) the other window(s). And no you can't unfreeze a window although it would make life easier.
Windows: The lights do chase for frozen windows.

By the way I'm still wondering if the wheels are regular TV monitors or projection TV monitors. Because at one time some said that the 1990 wheels were displayed on projection TV monitors. Is this true?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116390\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 01:49 PM\']
Yes, you had to declare what a joker would be, at which point it was changed into whatever you picked (the actual effect was the top and bottom halves of the Joker opening into the new prize), and then you froze if you liked. I don't THINK you had to pick one of the other two prizes, nor were you forced to freeze. In fact I wanna remember once that someone who only got a couple of spins in the endgame elected not to freeze anything on their first spin to take another crack at the Joker Jackpot on their second one.
[/quote]

That happened more than once, especially when the player only had two spins, and the jackpot was some insane amount like $20,000 or more. I didn't think that you were stuck with a frozen prize, though: if you have ($1,000)-Paris-Paris, I certainly would want to flip over for the next spin, especially if it was the last one.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:47:43 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

FOXSportsFan

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'116386\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 04:26 PM\']

Thanks!
[/quote]

The honorable DJDustman might know about the matter, or he could fool me.  When I hosted a Yahoo version of The Joker's Wild (1990), he made a great computer engine to use for keeping score and for the Joker Machine.

DJDustman

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »
$1500, $1000 and $500 were common (but varied) on the wheels. There were usually four prizes on each window and there was the joker.

As for jokers, If one joker came up, you had the opportunity to change it into one of the prizes showing on the board.  You didn't have to freeze it.  If two jokers came up, you won the prize automatically shown. If three jokers came up, ya know the deal.

You CAN unfreeze windows for a better prize.

zachhoran

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' post=\'116447\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 09:51 PM\']
$1500, $1000 and $500 were common (but varied) on the wheels. There were usually four prizes on each window and there was the joker.

[/quote]

I remember $2000 appearing on occasion in the bonus.

William_S.

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
Wait! Didn't $5,000 show up as well?

gameboy2000

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 02:00:57 PM »
I remember one contestant who had a sailboat as a prize frozen in windows 2 and 3. He decided to release all the windows for his final spin in an attempt to get three jokers. He spun, and the sailboat came up in the first window.
gameboy2000.weebly.com

golden-road

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »
[quote name=\'William_S.\' post=\'116519\' date=\'Apr 18 2006, 12:35 PM\']
Wait! Didn't $5,000 show up as well?
[/quote]

Only in the pilot.

bandit_bobby

The Joker's Wild - 1990
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
Was there a Joker's Jackpot in the pilot? And was it a crazy amount?