Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coming up tonight...  (Read 9248 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Coming up tonight...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'115872\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 07:41 AM\']
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' post=\'115861\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 01:52 AM\']
Now I wonder if the Panera Bread in that shopping center serves gazpacho.  :)
[/quote]
I realize you were probably joking, but here you go!
[/quote]
That's just weird. Gazpacho with no tomato in it...is not gazpacho.

(I prefer it hot, anyhow. That reminds me, I should make some again soon, I have a couple cans of whole tomatoes in the cupboard that need to get used up.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:01:43 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 05:18:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'115875\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 11:00 AM\']

(I prefer it hot, anyhow. That reminds me, I should make some again soon, I have a couple cans of whole tomatoes in the cupboard that need to get used up.)
[/quote]
I'll bring the Lysol...don't light any matches. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

calliaume

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 01:09:36 AM »
Love adding your own car names on the Classic Concentration board.  Of course, I've gone in the reverse direction (Edsel, Yugo, Horizon, Aspire, Kia, Tempo, tricycle, and bus token).

clemon79

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:14:14 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'116034\' date=\'Apr 12 2006, 10:09 PM\']
Love adding your own car names on the Classic Concentration board.  Of course, I've gone in the reverse direction (Edsel, Yugo, Horizon, Aspire, Kia, Tempo, tricycle, and bus token).
[/quote]
So, staying true to the prize budget, are you? :)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Coming up tonight...
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 01:25:18 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'116034\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 12:09 AM\']
[/quote]

I could just imagine Gene Wood [bless his soul] now:

"Congratulations, you've won this shiny brand new token, in golden brass, retail value $2!!!!"
[indent](Then again, with my luck, the CTA would've given me a bus pass since tokens no longer exist) =p[/indent]

Clay Zambo

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 08:00:19 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'115875\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 10:00 AM\']

[/quote]

And hot gazpacho is tomato soup!  Bring on the grilled cheese.

With all the talk of towels and soup recipes, I have to wonder: When did Game Show Forum become the Home and Garden channel?
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 10:29:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'116046\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 05:00 AM\']
[/quote]
It's not, though, not totally. Gazpacho has a fair amount of cucumber in it, too. And I remember reading some recipes (when I was trying to find my original one) that suggest it can be served hot as well. I tried it last time I made mine and found I like it better that way. :)

(Which is not to say yours isn't a fine idea, I love me a grilled cheese sammich. If I had the counter space I would get a panini press and live off of Cuban sammiches. I tried making one in a Foreman grill once, and it didnt work out so well. :))
With all the talk of towels and soup recipes, I have to wonder: When did Game Show Forum become the Home and Garden channel?
Which reminds me, I still have to try the broccoli pesto recipe you sent me way back, 'specially now that I have a blender. :)

Clay Zambo

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116061\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 09:29 AM\']
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'116046\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 05:00 AM\']
[/quote]
It's not, though, not totally. Gazpacho has a fair amount of cucumber in it, too. And I remember reading some recipes (when I was trying to find my original one) that suggest it can be served hot as well. I tried it last time I made mine and found I like it better that way. :)

(Which is not to say yours isn't a fine idea, I love me a grilled cheese sammich. If I had the counter space I would get a panini press and live off of Cuban sammiches. I tried making one in a Foreman grill once, and it didnt work out so well. :))

Which reminds me, I still have to try the broccoli pesto recipe you sent me way back, 'specially now that I have a blender. :)
[/quote]

Hot gazpach, huh?  Whoda thought.

Knew about the cukes, of course.  Gazpacho is one of only two cucumber-delivery devices accepted by my wife.  The other, of course, is kosher dill pickles.

Happy pesto.  I'm off to do some tapenades.  (Though I'd rather have a Cuban sandwich, too!)

Sorry, y'all.  You may return to discussing whatever game we were talking about in the first place.
czambo@mac.com

trainman

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 11:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116061\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 07:29 AM\']If I had the counter space I would get a panini press and live off of Cuban sammiches.[/quote]

But can you get authentic Cuban bread in Seattle?  That's been the problem half the time I try having a Cuban sandwich outside Florida; the other half the time, the problem is that they pile way too much ham on.  (Remember, I grew up in Tampa, where even the public school cafeterias serve genuine Cuban sandwiches.)
trainman is a man of trains

clemon79

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 12:34:46 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'116139\' date=\'Apr 13 2006, 08:21 PM\']
But can you get authentic Cuban bread in Seattle?  That's been the problem half the time I try having a Cuban sandwich outside Florida; the other half the time, the problem is that they pile way too much ham on.  (Remember, I grew up in Tampa, where even the public school cafeterias serve genuine Cuban sandwiches.)
[/quote]
Naw, you'd probably have to wing it. You're pretty much making them at home, anyhow...finding a Cuban sammich the way you know them from Florida around here is a bit of a trick. I'd be going from the bit Alton Brown did on them on Good Eats, myself. Which I think had the would-be chef using foil-rapped baked bricks instead of a panini press. Hmmm... :)

megamanj1986

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'115655\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 06:27 PM\']
http://www.flashgameshows.com/

8/7 central. Be there.
[/quote]

Only on NBC...lol!

sshuffield70

Coming up tonight...
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:20 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' post=\'116412\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 05:45 PM\']
Only on NBC...lol!
[/quote]

This coming from the same guy who wasted a  bunch of GSN bandwidth for something that happened.....last week?