Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN March ratings  (Read 3276 times)

CaseyAbell

GSN March ratings
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:48:30 AM »
CableWorld got around to publishing the March numbers for cable prime time. Actually, they put out the numbers last week but I was too lazy to notice. GSN did 0.4/219K, which is pretty much in line with their recent blah numbers. In fact, the showing is identical to February's ratings. The network continues to bump along in the lower reaches of the fab fifty.

Were Howie's reruns on CNBC in March? That may account for the network poking its nose into the list. Personal note: the History Channel, an odd favorite of mine, did the magic 1.0 in March. I'd call this a modern marvel, but it's not out of line with what the network has done recently.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 02:03:05 PM by CaseyAbell »

uncamark

GSN March ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' post=\'117672\' date=\'May 4 2006, 09:48 AM\']
Were Howie's reruns on CNBC in March? That may account for the network poking its nose into the list. [/quote]

"DOND"'s been repurposing on CNBC from the beginning as a regular series.  Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Saturdays added until the end of sweeps, so I assume that they're airing the night after NBC airing in each case.  They were a few eps behind for a while.

The Pyramids

GSN March ratings
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »
It looks like 'Anything to Win' is off (based on their website schedule). I'm surprised. I belive it was mentioned in passing by Alex here that it was doing okay.

FeudDude

GSN March ratings
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'117718\' date=\'May 4 2006, 07:30 PM\']
It looks like 'Anything to Win' is off (based on their website schedule). I'm surprised. I belive it was mentioned in passing by Alex here that it was doing okay.
[/quote]

They're probably just done with the all the episodes they've made so far (13 to be exact), and are giving the show a rest.  I have a feeling it will be back soon enough.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:46:31 PM by FeudDude »

CaseyAbell

GSN March ratings
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »
Zap2it agrees that the show is gone. It could always return, I guess, but it certainly doesn't seem to have done anything to win (sorry) better prime time numbers for GSN.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN March ratings
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 01:38:33 PM »
That's a shame...I thought the concept was a good one.  

Heaven knows that the posters over at GSN had a fit because they wouldn't do a 2 hour special on Michael Larson.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

GSN March ratings
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'117821\' date=\'May 5 2006, 01:38 PM\']Heaven knows that the posters over at GSN had a fit because they wouldn't do a 2 hour special on Michael Larson.[/quote]
I can't help but think that they probably would have if they hadn't, you know, already done one.

Anything to Win was probably an expensive proposition, at least by GSN standards.  I also have to think you'd be somewhat limited in the number of interesting stories you could tell.  Sounds like it wasn't an abject Dream Derby failure, but it also didn't bring in the boatload of new eyeballs they were looking for.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

GSN March ratings
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'117822\' date=\'May 5 2006, 12:46 PM\']

Anything to Win was probably an expensive proposition, at least by GSN standards.  I also have to think you'd be somewhat limited in the number of interesting stories you could tell.  Sounds like it wasn't an abject Dream Derby failure, but it also didn't bring in the boatload of new eyeballs they were looking for.
[/quote]
If you're going to be getting approximately the same ratings for creating all-new product and hiring outside producers to do so, it would seem to be more sensible to just have somebody pull a tape from the tape library every night.

melman1

GSN March ratings
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 10:55:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'117821\' date=\'May 5 2006, 10:38 AM\']
Heaven knows that the posters over at GSN had a fit because they wouldn't do a 2 hour special on Michael Larson.
[/quote]
Just walk away from the GSN boards.  Got that?  Just walk away.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.