Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Annoying Theme Song  (Read 3075 times)

tvwxman

Most Annoying Theme Song
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 06:26:08 AM »
I'm not suggesting that this is the pilot, but at the MofT&R in NYC, there's an ep of the Neighbors courtesy of Andy Warhol, who taped it off air. There is a much jazzier theme song, and an animated opening, not a clip from the show with a voiceover.

The theme there is definitely from the movie with Shirley Jones....

Game and set are the same though, both are still awful. A definite slice of 70s daytime TV though, and a good clue as to why (IMHO) game shows aren't staples of daytime television anymore.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

davemackey

Most Annoying Theme Song
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »
Sure you've all heard of Meredith Willson, that guy from "The Name's The Same". Glad to know he did something else in his career. ;)

You want annoying themes? Try "The Joker's Wild" by Hancock and Joe. Or "Pyramid" by Blaylock and Coffing.

(I'd also say "Tic Tac Dough" by Henry Mancini, but that would be too easy.)

dad1153

Most Annoying Theme Song
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 10:39:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'117909\' date=\'May 6 2006, 08:58 PM\']... it's the same 10-second "tune" looped badly over and over ad nauseum (literally).[/quote]

Mmphhh, sounds like an accurate description of the Match Game theme to me.

Brandon Brooks

Most Annoying Theme Song
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 11:47:41 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'117933\' date=\'May 7 2006, 09:39 AM\']
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'117909\' date=\'May 6 2006, 08:58 PM\']... it's the same 10-second "tune" looped badly over and over ad nauseum (literally).[/quote]

Mmphhh, sounds like an accurate description of the Match Game theme to me.
[/quote]
You sure about that?  Which MG are you talking about?

Brandon Brooks

DjohnsonCB

Most Annoying Theme Song
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 12:15:09 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117931\' date=\'May 7 2006, 05:26 AM\']
I'm not suggesting that this is the pilot, but at the MofT&R in NYC, there's an ep of the Neighbors courtesy of Andy Warhol, who taped it off air. There is a much jazzier theme song, and an animated opening, not a clip from the show with a voiceover.

The theme there is definitely from the movie with Shirley Jones....

Game and set are the same though, both are still awful. A definite slice of 70s daytime TV though, and a good clue as to why (IMHO) game shows aren't staples of daytime television anymore.
[/quote]

I'm sure that live-action open with "Pick-A Little" had to be a pilot show, for when "Neighbors" premiered, the animated open was on the the first two shows I saw (actually, I could only stand to sit through the premiere, but because the good ol' ABC affiliate I had cut off the open on premiere day and JIP'd it at the title display, I had to catch the first two minutes of Tuesday's show just to see it in it's entirety).

As for the actual theme being a Stan Worth composition, say it isn't so!!!  This from the same genius who gave us the great theme and music cues from It Takes Two with Vin Scully?  Not to mention the theme from George Of The Jungle ?  How the once-mighty had fallen by then.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel