Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: King of the Hill  (Read 2404 times)

SuperMatch93

King of the Hill
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »
Apparently, Lucky (Luanne's boyfriend) likes game shows.

Hank: "Every time I turn on the TV, it's set to the Game Show Network. I don't know why that bothers me, it just does."

Later...

(Hank turns on the TV)

Contestant: "No Whammies! No Whamies!"
Hank: (sighes) "Game shows..."

And...

Hank (to Lucky): Hey, Wheel of Fortune's on right now. Could be a Woolery.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jimmy Owen

King of the Hill
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »
For a second there, I thought the Robert Earle pilot had finally been picked up. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

King of the Hill
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 04:37:17 PM »
When I first saw "game show reference", I honestly thought it was one of Henke's stupid posts. Not so!

Kudos for even adding "could be a Woolery" to the dialogue..

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
King of the Hill
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
With an assist from a friend: the whole Woolery thing was Hank playing on Lucky's earlier line: "Hey, Family Feud's a Dawson if anybody's interested."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
King of the Hill
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »
I find it interesting that even after the rebranding of the network, both this recent episode of "King of the Hill" and this past Saturday's charades skit on "Saturday Night Live" still refer to it as "Game Show Network" (even though SNL used the current GSN logo). That's their identity, whether they like it or not.

--
Scott Robinson

aaron sica

King of the Hill
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'118609\' date=\'May 16 2006, 01:50 PM\']
I find it interesting that even after the rebranding of the network, both this recent episode of "King of the Hill" and this past Saturday's charades skit on "Saturday Night Live" still refer to it as "Game Show Network" (even though SNL used the current GSN logo). That's their identity, whether they like it or not.

--
Scott Robinson
[/quote]

I do believe officially they are still Game Show Network, as when one of the originals shows a copyright, it does say something to the extent of "Game Show Network, LLC". TV Guide also has referred it as Game Show Network in the not-so-distant past.

Game Show Network or GSN, whatever you want to call it, I still enjoy the channel. :)

uncamark

King of the Hill
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'118609\' date=\'May 16 2006, 12:50 PM\']
I find it interesting that even after the rebranding of the network, both this recent episode of "King of the Hill" and this past Saturday's charades skit on "Saturday Night Live" still refer to it as "Game Show Network" (even though SNL used the current GSN logo). That's their identity, whether they like it or not.[/quote]

And last Monday night at "The Improv Match Game" at the IO in Chicago (diverting, but not worth a special trip or staying up late on a school night), the fill-in host referred to the reruns on "the Game Show Network."  Sorry, Rich, you just can't shake it.

ChuckNet

King of the Hill
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

Indeed...I also recall MadTV, on one of their recent TPiR skits, referring to it as Game Show Network in a VO, despite using the current logo.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")