Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 60 Minutes profiles former game show host  (Read 1131 times)

DrBear

60 Minutes profiles former game show host
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »
(from a CBS release): Morley Safer, Ed Bradley, Steve Kroft and Lesley Stahl interview Wallace in “I’m Mike Wallace: A 60 MINUTES Tribute.” The special edition of 60 MINUTES will be broadcast Sunday, May 21 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Among other things, he admits flirting with Shirley MacLaine and a suicide attempt. I don't know if there's anything in there about hosting the "Nothing but the Truth" pilot or any of his other game show experiences...but I'm betting against it.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Matt Ottinger

60 Minutes profiles former game show host
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'118849\' date=\'May 18 2006, 02:38 PM\']Among other things, he admits flirting with Shirley MacLaine and a suicide attempt. I don't know if there's anything in there about hosting the "Nothing but the Truth" pilot or any of his other game show experiences...but I'm betting against it.[/quote]
Enought time has passed (an epoch or two) since his early TV days that Wallace is now much more willing than he used to be to talk about his game show past.  Back in the seventies, he fronted a nasty 60 Minutes piece about game shows without acknowledging his contributions to the genre.  

Much like the Concentration references in the Hugh Downs tributes, they'lll probably make some small mention just as an historical curiosity.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.