Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! 5/26  (Read 2048 times)

davemackey

Jeopardy! 5/26
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:01:11 PM »
It took 22 seasons but I now can finally say I know someone who's been on "Jeopardy!" One of my crossword construction cronies, Stella Daily, is on the show Friday night. She's a far faster solver than me and has had many more puzzles published than me, so I guess she's good. Of course she's told no one about how she's done, so I gotta root for her like the rest of us!

Stella is also involved with the documentary movie "Wordplay" that's coming out this summer. She is seen several times roaming the tournament site in her crossword-grid pajamas and is heard singing on the soundtrack - she's got a dynamite voice.

tvwxman

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'119397\' date=\'May 24 2006, 04:01 PM\']
It took 22 seasons but I now can finally say I know someone who's been on "Jeopardy!" One of my crossword construction cronies, Stella Daily, is on the show Friday night. She's a far faster solver than me and has had many more puzzles published than me, so I guess she's good. Of course she's told no one about how she's done, so I gotta root for her like the rest of us!
[/quote]

I knew that name sounded familiar!

Stella played with me on the "Ken Jennings Vs The Rest of World" pilot/runthrough...and won. She's a smart cookie, a nice lady, and I wish her all the best (realizing of course that it's already long in the can. The episode, that is.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 06:03:02 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'119397\' date=\'May 24 2006, 03:01 PM\']

Stella is also involved with the documentary movie "Wordplay" that's coming out this summer. She is seen several times roaming the tournament site in her crossword-grid pajamas and is heard singing on the soundtrack - she's got a dynamite voice.
[/quote]

I assume she's in the trailer and/or the Landmark Theatres contest promo?  (I should've noticed the crossword grid pajamas, but perhaps I was distracted by Jon Stewart.)

Don Howard

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 11:19:30 AM »
Thanks to you, we now know there won't be a triple-tie at the end
of Final Jeopardy! this evening. Thank you so much for ruining my life.
But seriously, folks, good luck to Stella. I shall root for her.

Don Howard

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 11:24:26 AM »
Yes, yes, I know. Two posts in a row on the same subject. I realize that's potentially annoying and I apologize. But since I don't see the results elsewhere and I missed the telecast, how did Stella do?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 11:25:15 AM by Don Howard »

Steve McClellan

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'May 28 2006, 08:24 AM\']how did Stella do?
[/quote]
The game result can be found here:
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=980
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 11:34:15 AM by Steve McClellan »

Don Howard

Jeopardy! 5/26
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'119638\' date=\'May 28 2006, 11:32 AM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'May 28 2006, 08:24 AM\']how did Stella do?
[/quote]
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=980
[/quote]
How did I know you'd be the one to come through as always? You're jockeying for another trip to Contestants' Row during Icebreaker Price Is Right in six weeks, aren't you?