Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR 06/06/06  (Read 1205 times)

dzinkin

TPIR 06/06/06
« on: June 03, 2006, 08:19:25 PM »
Since this doesn't relate to gameplay...

One of your humble moderators was in the audience for the show that taped this past Thursday (6/1) and is, at least right now, scheduled to air this coming Tuesday.  Hint: it is not the moderator with the least hair and it is not the moderator with the most hair.  Look between the two contestants to the right (from the viewer's perspective, natch).  Given the air date, I fully expect jokes about omens and the like... go nuts. :-)  

Any spoiler-worthy comments should go in Show Summaries, where I'll move this thread if necessary once the show airs.  For now, I'll just make a few general comments:

- Having seen numerous other TV show tapings, I fully expected that the Price set would be smaller than it appears on air.  For whatever reason, the difference for TPIR was far more striking... it's SMALL!

- During one of the breaks, Bob commented that the taping had run long, but I'd never have known it if he hadn't said so.  The show is a model of efficiency; Roger keeps everything running smoothly and on time.

- Bob is a class act with the audience off air, just as he is on air.  He was polite, he was charming, and when answering the silliest questions, he didn't visibly cringe once.

Special thanks to those who helped make my visit possible -- they'd prefer not to be named (and I won't confirm or deny any guesses, so don't bother), but they know who they are.

Robert Hutchinson

TPIR 06/06/06
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 09:26:21 PM »
I grasped the true size of the Price set a while back--but then, I'm doubly weird, with some spatial obsessiveness on top of the game show obsessiveness.

(Grumbling about TPIR's current directing edited for general happiness.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Monarx

TPIR 06/06/06
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »
I bet you had a devil of a time.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?