Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Price Is Right on the Marathon  (Read 5231 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Price Is Right on the Marathon
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 10:26:32 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'119813\' date=\'May 30 2006, 03:57 PM\']
In response to Matt's question, I am not sure of anything.  Price is the last program regularly itentified as a Goodson production, if in name only.  The Goodson logo was only flashed on the screen during MG '98 and is no longer used on Feud.  I always thought Fremantle would retire the credit, eventually.
[/quote]

For what it's worth, the Goodson credit is still used on The Price Is Right because the staff requested and received permission to continue using it for the sake of tradition.

That said, I have no idea what the answer to your question is.  Truth be told, it hadn't even entered my mind until you brought it up.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:14:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'119869\' date=\'May 30 2006, 10:26 PM\']
For what it's worth, the Goodson credit is still used on The Price Is Right because the staff requested and received permission to continue using it for the sake of tradition.

That said, I have no idea what the answer to your question is.  Truth be told, it hadn't even entered my mind until you brought it up.
[/quote]

On GSM, will Rich Fields say, "This is Rich Fields speaking for 'The Price is Right'.  A Mark Goodson...television production"?  And will we see the Goodson shield?

Watch at the end of tonight's show!  Hehe!  (Wow...it's today! :))
-Sanford

Don Howard

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 10:27:15 AM »
They shall all be identified as A Don Howard Entertainment Viewing Spectacular.
I wonder this. Will we be told that "this program was recorded" or "edited for
broadcast"? Will we be told before the show that it's being "presented in color"?
Will we be informed what's "next over most of these CBS stations"?
We darned well better be they give a tinker's damn about tradition and accuracy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:28:05 AM by Don Howard »

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54:51 AM »
All I will say is that a major Chicago daily newspaper (and some other papers, no doubt) printed a big fat spoiler photo today showing who's going to be in the Showcase, along with their bids and the big prizes in the Showcases.  I'm keeping my mouth shut.  Hoping the rest of you who might've seen it will.

WhammyPower

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 04:41:07 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'119899\' date=\'May 31 2006, 10:54 AM\'] All I will say is that a major Chicago daily newspaper (and some other papers, no doubt) printed a big fat spoiler photo today showing who's going to be in the Showcase, along with their bids and the big prizes in the Showcases.  I'm keeping my mouth shut.  Hoping the rest of you who might've seen it will. [/quote]
I'm one of the lucky ones, then.  No photos or mentions of GSM in my paper, other than the TV schedule section.

rugrats1

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'119893\' date=\'May 31 2006, 10:27 AM\']
Will we be told that "this program was recorded" or "edited for
broadcast"? Will we be told before the show that it's being "presented in color"?
Will we be informed what's "next over most of these CBS stations"?
We darned well better be they give a tinker's damn about tradition and accuracy.
[/quote]

Could be worse -- Rich would mention that one of the celebrities was declared ineligible and the at-home contestant won't get its prizes and the charity won't get its money.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 11:28:14 PM »
Comments about the aired show have been moved to the existing Show Summaries thread, not because anybody complained or anything, just for consistancy's sake.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tyshaun1

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »
And the ratings are in....... 5.5/10, 2nd in the hour behind Dateline, but had more viewers. An OK start, but nothing special.

Source: Zap2It
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:23:29 PM by tyshaun1 »