Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSM-Beat the Clock Ratings  (Read 3181 times)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
GSM-Beat the Clock Ratings
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »
Courtesy of Marc Berman, the overnights.

In the 8:00 p.m. hour:
1st: Dateline (NBC) (Overall 6.4, first-hour unprinted.)
2nd: So You Think You Can Dance (Rerun), 4.9
3rd: Game Show Marathon, 4.7

= = = = =

As of 12:27 p.m. ET: The fast nationals from Zap2it.com.

1st: Dateline 4.9
2nd: Game Show Marathon, 4.5
3rd: So You Thnk You Can dance, 4.1
...and so on down the line. :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:29:29 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »
It seems to be holding it's own, but this show was the one that I (and probably others too) knew it wasn't going to do as well, because it had the least name-recongnition for today's audience.
PYL should do better.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:27:03 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 01:37:07 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'120679\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:26 PM\']
It seems to be holding it's own, but this show was the one that I (and probably others too) knew it wasn't going to do as well, because it had the least name-recongnition for today's audience.
PYL should do better.[/quote]
I strongly disagree with your assessment of name recognition.  Beat the Clock is like What's My Line? -- even if you've never seen the show (and most people haven't), you still know what it is.  Press Your Luck might be "the one with the Whammies" to a lot of people, but outside our fandom, it's not nearly as iconic a show.

Ratings still might be better, might not.  This isn't turning out to be appointment viewing for anybody so the competition on other networks will have a lot more to do with the final ratings than what specific game they're playing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Shredder

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:23 PM »
I must admit, I had never seen any clips of Beat the Clock, so I had no idea what it was about, but I tuned in anyway,... Looked like a fun show.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'120682\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 01:37 PM\']

Ratings still might be better, might not.  This isn't turning out to be appointment viewing for anybody so the competition on other networks will have a lot more to do with the final ratings than what specific game they're playing.
[/quote]

So far, for me, the series has been "disappointment viewing."  The clips were good, but do the celebs (Paige in particular) have to ham it up?  Somebody should tell Ricki that when the prize is revealed the contestants should jump up and down, not the host.  I shudder to think what would have happened if the last stunt had not been accomplished.  Todd visiting a family to tell them they didn't win anything?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:58:28 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:03:57 PM »
While watching at work, I think I had the same thought as most of y'all...WHY ISN'T TODD HOSTING AND RICKI DOING THE 18 WHEELS OF PRIZES STUFF?!?

Okay, I know the supposed answer for it, but still...

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'120686\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:55 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'120682\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 01:37 PM\']

[/quote]

So far, for me, the series has been "disappointment viewing."  The clips were good, but do the celebs (Paige in particular) have to ham it up?  Somebody should tell Ricki that when the prize is revealed the contestants should jump up and down, not the host.  I shudder to think what would have happened if the last stunt had not been accomplished.  Todd visiting a family to tell them they didn't win anything?
[/quote]

No, they still would've won the prizes for the first two rounds.  They just would'nt have won the car and Todd would still be making a visit to the lucky winner.

For our British friends--didn't Ant and Dec personally appear with the truck in the original British version?

Neumms

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 05:04:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'120686\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:55 PM\']
So far, for me, the series has been "disappointment viewing."  
[/quote]

I like that line. Or is that in common usage and I've missed it?

I'm disappointed, too. As uninteresting as it's proven to be watching Tim Meadows on these things, it's even worse watching Tim Meadows and some even-less-well-known woman. Don't all celebrities know each other? Couldn't they find FAMOUS people to pair up with? (Or couldn't they just have had solo stunts, like the milk bottles and hat-on-string?)

rigsby

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'120682\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:37 PM\']
Press Your Luck might be "the one with the Whammies" to a lot of people, but outside our fandom, it's not nearly as iconic a show.[/quote]

Based solely on my own experiences of hearing "Big bucks, no whammies" in all sorts of places from people I never would have thought watched it, I would disagree.  (My favorite occurrance of this remains the Finding Nemo DVD.)

Brig Bother

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:33:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'120708\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 08:16 PM\']
For our British friends--didn't Ant and Dec personally appear with the truck in the original British version?
[/quote]

No, the once popular host of Family Fortunes Les Dennis did.

uncamark

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'120743\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 06:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'120708\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 08:16 PM\']
[/quote]

No, the once popular host of Family Fortunes Les Dennis did.
[/quote]

Was this before or after his episode of "Extras" (one of the more amazing examples of self-deconstruction in the history of television, even if it was a scripted sitcom) aired in the UK?