Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Shows still work :) - GSM  (Read 6535 times)

Shredder

Old Shows still work :) - GSM
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'120859\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 12:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120855\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 09:45 AM\']
I'm going to try and get a CBS/GameShow Marathon Rep on the phone and ask him some questions...
[/quote]
I bet THAT will be an interesting phone call.
[/quote]

Insert funny rebuke here......

anyone have one to insert? :)

Shredder

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
If it's one thing I hate, it's human spell checkers..I graduated Highschool in 97... I shouldn't have a teacher checking my work now.  Granted, I wouldn't pass HS if I went now...but that's a whole nother story :)

Reinstalled Firefox Spell Checker on reformated computer

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120873\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 12:16 PM\']
Reinstalled Firefox Spell Checker on reformated computer
[/quote]
And it still didn't work.  :-D

Doug -- and the countdown to 2000 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Casey

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120873\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 12:16 PM\']
If it's one thing I hate, it's human spell checkers..I graduated Highschool in 97... I shouldn't have a teacher checking my work now.  Granted, I wouldn't pass HS if I went now...but that's a whole nother story :)
[/quote]
See, the problem is... If you want to make a point, and you want people to take you seriously, expressing yourself with correct spelling goes a long way to achieving that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 09:41:29 AM by isucgv »

JohnHolder

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
I enjoyed last night's PYL, too.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's room on any network's daytime schedule for a new game show.  CBS and ABC are both successful enough with their current lineups that they wouldn't cancel anything, NBC is down to two hours of network daytime (not counting the third hour of the Today show, which airs during what used to be local stations' time), and the others don't do any network daytime at all.  Anything that comes back would undoubtedly be in syndication (like Millionaire, FF, etc.)

Who owns the current rights to LMaD?  As far as I know, Hatos-Hall is out of business.  Dick Clark Productions did the 1990 version with Bob Hilton (and later Monty), but I don't know who did the (very) limited NBC prime-time run with Billy Bush a couple of years ago.  

I read somewhere, I think on this board, that "one" of these shows was being considered for a revival, and the appearance on GSM was essentially a test of it.  Which one?  Obviously it's not TPiR or FF, which are in production now, and the others have all had unsuccessful revivals within the last few years.  But it's been long enough since the Burger MG and the Bullard CS that maybe those would be candidates; FF was only off the air for three years between the Dawson and Combs versions, and four between Dawson's return season and Anderson's show.

And I'm unclear on this: if two celebrities will play in each of the remaining games, who will be the "families" in FF and the panelists in MG?  Thanks!

John

aaron sica

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnHolder\' post=\'120942\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 10:01 PM\']
And I'm unclear on this: if two celebrities will play in each of the remaining games, who will be the "families" in FF and the panelists in MG?  Thanks!

John
[/quote]

I'll answer your questions in order :)

For the "families" in FF, it will be the families of the two finalists and for the panelists in MG it's going to other celebrities...I remember seeing George Foreman on some of the promos...

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 10:36:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120873\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 01:16 PM\']
If it's one thing I hate, it's human spell checkers..I graduated Highschool in 97... I shouldn't have a teacher checking my work now.[/quote]

Then don't do things that make you look like an idiot, such as misspelling both "college" and "high school" or saying that you're going to have a conversation with a network executive about changing the daytime lineup.

(And yes, I know you shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction.  Shut uppa you face. :-)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'120945\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 10:22 PM\']
And I'm unclear on this: if two celebrities will play in each of the remaining games, who will be the "families" in FF and the panelists in MG?  Thanks![/quote]
...and for the panelists in MG it's going to other celebrities...I remember seeing George Foreman on some of the promos...[/quote]
From a promo I saw a few days ago--George Foreman, Betty White, Bruce Vilanch, Adrienne Curry, Adam Carolla, and Kathy Griffin.

JohnHolder

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' post=\'120947\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 10:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'120945\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 10:22 PM\']
And I'm unclear on this: if two celebrities will play in each of the remaining games, who will be the "families" in FF and the panelists in MG?  Thanks![/quote]
...and for the panelists in MG it's going to other celebrities...I remember seeing George Foreman on some of the promos...[/quote]
From a promo I saw a few days ago--George Foreman, Betty White, Bruce Vilanch, Adrienne Curry, Adam Carolla, and Kathy Griffin.
[/quote]

Aha.  That explains why I noticed George, Betty, Bruce and Adam in the studio audience. :)

John

Shredder

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 07:46:59 PM »
Then don't do things that make you look like an idiot, such as misspelling both "college" and "high school" or saying that you're going to have a conversation with a network executive about changing the daytime lineup.>>>

Most are typo's that I just don't care enough to catch, such as college.  And maybe I should have rephaaasssseed thaaati.

I wanted to talk to him/her about where they would put these shows, if any of them where revived, and SUGGEST that they be put in the morning lineup before Price :).

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 08:07:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120996\' date=\'Jun 10 2006, 06:46 PM\']
Most are typo's that I just don't care enough to catch, such as college.  And maybe I should have rephaaasssseed thaaati.
[/quote]
Translation: You're lazy, and don't mind when people think you're a moron.

I wanted to talk to him/her about where they would put these shows, if any of them where revived, and SUGGEST that they be put in the morning lineup before Price :).
What makes you think they'd even want to talk to you in the first place?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' post=\'120996\' date=\'Jun 10 2006, 04:46 PM\']
Most are typo's that I just don't care enough to catch, such as college.  
[/quote]
And, in an effort to be polite, I shall bring up the same point I always bring up when someone goes to this well:

If you don't care enough about your posts to make an effort to catch these mistakes, why should we care enough to read them?

Or do you care if we read them?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »
How about we drop this Great Spelling Controversy? It's not that big of a deal.

That being said, I always go over my spelling with the Google Spellchecker before I post, it takes seconds to do.

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 09:27:08 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 09:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'121009\' date=\'Jun 10 2006, 06:25 PM\']
How about we drop this Great Spelling Controversy? It's not that big of a deal.
[/quote]
I'd agree, until someone cops a 'tude about being called on it.
That being said, I always go over my spelling with the Google Spellchecker before I post, it takes seconds to do.
Proving the point all the more.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 12:53:05 PM »
Monty Hall Enterprises owns "LMAD" and licensed it out to Renegade (the people behind "Blind Date") for the brief prime time revival--and to Fremantle and Granada for "GSM."