Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSM-Press Your Luck Ratings  (Read 5462 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
GSM-Press Your Luck Ratings
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 05:27:28 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'120912\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 05:25 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'120909\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 05:17 PM\']
Alright, enough.

Mike, he obviously wasn't talking about Nielsen ratings when you made your original post calling him wrong.

You're both right, and it is semantics. Now shake hands and move on with it.
[/quote]
Looks like you need a refund as well.  It's not semantics.  A land mass does not watch television.  People watch television.  Please don't make me use puppets.

--Mike
[/quote]

Way to totally miss my point. My point was that he was speaking GEOGRAPHICALLY. You were speaking in Nielsen-ratings terms.

I suggest you take your own advice and get a refund on your education, and go further and pay back all the tax dollars your parents paid to put YOU through school, if you're gonna be insulting like that for no apparent reason.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »
As the guy who was originally discussing this with Mike, I humbly point to my reply where I stated that his point was well taken and suggest that everyone else let it the hell go.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'120914\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 05:27 PM\']
Way to totally miss my point. My point was that he was speaking GEOGRAPHICALLY. You were speaking in Nielsen-ratings terms.

I suggest you take your own advice and get a refund on your education, and go further and pay back all the tax dollars your parents paid to put YOU through school, if you're gonna be insulting like that for no apparent reason.
[/quote]

I paid my own way, thank you.  

And you missed my point, geography is an irrelevant argument.  The ratings system as devised by Nielsen is used as a tool to give broadcasters and advertisers a feel on how to charge or be charged for commercial time on a television program.  The rating is based on a sampling of people watching television at any one point.  The Nielsen people do not call people per square mile, they call people regardless of their geography, and 80% of them happen to be in the Eastern or Central time zones.

Even if this was for some absurd reason geographically based, it's not half the country, it's about 40%.  Don't forget Alaska.

Next time you want a battle of wits, please come armed.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 06:03:31 PM »
Given the way ratings have been going for this series, I don't think it's coming back on CBS. Maybe they'll do it again- only on GSN this time.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »
If CBS REALLY thought anything of this, they would have booked it one month earlier for May sweeps.  Heh, just a thought to chew on...

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120927\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 04:30 PM\']
If CBS REALLY thought anything of this, they would have booked it one month earlier for May sweeps.  Heh, just a thought to chew on...
[/quote]
If they aired this slop during sweeps, they would be eviscerated.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'120929\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 07:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120927\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 04:30 PM\']
[/quote]
If they aired this slop during sweeps, they would be eviscerated.
[/quote]
Triple word score for Lemon!

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120930\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 04:37 PM\']
[/quote]
uh, yeah.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 02:46:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'120932\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 08:02 PM\']
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120930\' date=\'Jun 9 2006, 04:37 PM\']
[/quote]
uh, yeah.
[/quote]

Most times, I'd say that the Lemon needs to get a sense of humor. However, considering something else...yeah, Jim, that sucked. Badly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

uncamark

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
"GSM" would've not run in sweeps, no matter what its quality--Moonves doesn't believe in running that kind of reality stunt during sweeps and doesn't need to.  When you've got his lineups, all you need are things like the Grammys or the CMAs (and, admittedly, a Dr. Phil special or two) and you're all set.

tyshaun1

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »
Update on the GSM ratings from last week: Beat the Clock maintained it's overnight ratings (4.5/8), finishing 2nd in its slot, but Press Your Luck grew from it's overnights by nearly 2 points (6.4/11), and won its time slot easily.

Source is......here.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:36:39 PM by tyshaun1 »

wheelloon

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'121186\' date=\'Jun 12 2006, 04:34 PM\']
Update on the GSM ratings from last week: Beat the Clock maintained it's overnight ratings (4.5/8), finishing 2nd in its slot, but Press Your Luck grew from it's overnights by nearly 2 points (6.4/11), and won its time slot easily.

Source is......here.

Tyshaun
[/quote]

WOW!! :) That's a sizeable jump. This makes me very happy, especially since the only things that beat it in ratings for the night, at all, were CSI, Without a Trace, and the NBA game, but very barely...

If this doesn't prove there is still a very sizeable interest in PYL in today's TV market, I don't know what will...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »
Check the 18-49 demo in the same article.  Unless I'm not reading it right, PYL came in fourth.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.