Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What gameshow(s) would you not want to be on?  (Read 4636 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
What gameshow(s) would you not want to be on?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 06:05:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'121481\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 05:38 PM\']
Wouldn't a better topic be the ones you WOULD want to be on? Hell, given a Fast Forward, I'd climb up on stage and shake Bob Barker's hand, or call out the numbers 1 to 26 in ascending order.
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, that has already been tackled.

Back to topic: one game show I would not like to be on would probably be Lingo. I got nothing against the show, and I enjoy it (for the game itself and the fact that I get laughs out of a lot of the morons on the show), but I'd be too tempted to scream and yell at my partner or opponent if they had a REALLY stupid answer.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

gwarman2005

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »
Any show where I had to rely on a "team" to help me win money would be out for me.  If I lose, then I don't want to think, "He or she cost me money."  I want to lose on my own. lol

That being said, I know I'd get spanked on Jeopardy! so that's out.  Also, if we're also including show's from back in the day then Time Machine I would stay away from.  I'm so bad with dates that I'd last about 10 seconds.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 06:32:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'121481\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 02:38 PM\']
I don't understand why we're discussing what shows we wouldn't want to be on.
[/quote]
Consider the source. Unsurprisingly, whenever Odor throws out one of these topics, it's always "what wouldn't you do", "what do you hate", "what needs to be improved." And you shouldn't be surprised.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »
And, for the sake of being different, why not?  I get sick of every game-show related thing being happyhappyhappy-espectially the current Family Feud.  I loved Weakest Link for that reason.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:15:03 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »
I'd say Everything Goes, simply because I don't think you'd wanna see me strip after losing, if you know what I mean...LOL

You can also add Fear Factor, no way would I put myself through that kinda psychological torture, even w/$1M at stake.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121502\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 10:14 PM\']
And, for the sake of being different, why not?  I get sick of every game-show related thing being happyhappyhappy-espectially the current Family Feud.  I loved Weakest Link for that reason.
[/quote]
Your desire to "be different" is easily mistaken as a desire to be negative for the sake of being negative.  That might not be your intent, but particularly when coupled with your penchant for complaining in general, that's how it often comes across to others.

kav

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:36 PM »
That's easy to answer.  Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, Fear Factor, and others of that ilk.

MTCesquire

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 11:11:02 PM »
Upon reading the topic, the first show that came to mind was "Distraction", basically for the same reasons a lot of you don't want to be on "Fear Factor".

Also, "Shop 'Til You Drop" simply because I can't stand that show.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 01:56:29 AM »
The poster above me beat me to the punch!  Shop 'Til You Drop...one of the worst game shows a contestant could appear on...it's as if those who are on were found in the line of Craig Ferguson's show...and we all know those people were rejected from the Price ticket line so...

GSCrank

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 03:18:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121422\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 03:08 AM\']
Due to the game play, rules, etc...what show or shows (please no more than 4 or 5) would you not want to be on?

Myself...I would not want to appear on shows such as Camouflage and Finder's Keepers--I've always sucked at that kind of thing.
[/quote]

Since I rarely do the shopping in my household (and when I do, my wife has to write out a list of what to get to help me), I would have to say TPIR here.

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 04:08:43 AM »
[quote name=\'GSCrank\' post=\'121540\' date=\'Jun 16 2006, 03:18 AM\']
Since I rarely do the shopping in my household (and when I do, my wife has to write out a list of what to get to help me), I would have to say TPIR here.
[/quote]
Can't be any worse than half the other college students in the audience. Just do what they do, bid: a) 420, b) something ending in 69, or c) one-up the previous guy by $1.

When you get on stage, crack a bunch of joke to piss Barker off, and bam! You got a comedy resume tape. ;-)

/Heh, I said 69.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 04:12:51 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'121468\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 01:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'121460\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 11:43 AM\']
I was unaware that "Greed" and "Friend or Foe?" penalized players for knowledge. "Greed" was the exact opposite, if you didn't know the answer, you got nothin', even if you had answered the previous seven questions correctly. And FoF didn't penalize anything but abject greed.
[/quote]
The Terminator on GREED was a bit of an equalizer, though.  If you showed you knew too much, you could conceivably get called out (and thus risking losing your share of the winnings by not being quick enough on the jump-in).
[/quote]
Doug about summed it up. On the Terminator, it was a 50/50 thing, either I continue playing or I don't, but it's a situation I wouldn't wanna be in to begin with. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »
You can also add Fear Factor, no way would I put myself through that kinda psychological torture, even w/$1M at stake.

Agreed to that.  I was watching this past Tuesday's Fear Factor, with former "reality" stars, and one of the contestants looked traumatized after she couldn't complete a stunt.  To me, that show's just not worth the potential risks for the minimal payout.

That's easy to answer. Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, Fear Factor, and others of that ilk.

That's where we disagree.  I'd love to be on Amazing Race.  I think it would be amazing :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'121543\' date=\'Jun 16 2006, 03:08 AM\']
/Heh, I said 69.
[/quote]

Which reminds me to change my sig...

kav

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 08:57:52 PM »
[quote name='fostergray82' date='Jun 16 2006, 01:08 AM' post='121543']
[/quote]
Can't be any worse than half the other college students in the audience. Just do what they do, bid: a) 420, b) something ending in 69, or c) one-up the previous guy by $1.
[/quote]

I've seen a and c, but not b.  I know that sounds like a multiple choice exam answer.

[quote name='uncamark' date='Jun 16 2006, 09:31 AM' post='121580']
[quote name='fostergray82' post='121543' date='Jun 16 2006, 03:08 AM']
/Heh, I said 69.
[/quote]

Which reminds me to change my sig...
[/quote]

I thought of that particular incident from last night's Game Show Marathon when I read your posts.