Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud  (Read 5234 times)

Ian Wallis

Family Feud
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »
The only time I know they did was during "Family Feud Fridays" back in 2002.

Actually they had the hour-long Family Feud Challenge on the schedule between Dec 1996 and Oct 1997.  Those episodes all featured the bullseye round.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Family Feud
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 07:17:31 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'123804\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 03:23 PM\']
GSN has previously aired the syndie & network episodes with Bullseye, haven't they?
[/quote]

Outside of the celebrity episodes airing in 2000-01 during the 10PM EST Celeb Feud half-hour and on a handful of other occasions, the last time Bullseye-era Combs episodes aired was pre-Dark Period. I think they aired Syndie Combs Bullseye shows in 1995 or 1996. Family Feud Challenge aired at 5PM weeknights(EST) during 1997 through the start of the Dark Period. They of course also aired the 1994-95 hour long Dawson shows with the Bankroll game during the 10/97-4/98 Dark Period, and the 10/31/94 episode on Halloween 2004
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:18:05 PM by zachhoran »

dzinkin

Family Feud
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 07:38:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Combs Feud aficionado\' post=\'123801\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 03:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'123795\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 01:27 PM\']
But suggesting that GSN has some kind of conspiracy against Ray Combs because they chose not to alter their schedule to reflect the change in length of his show (and, let me add, even went so far as to switch to ANOTHER sequence of half-hour shows because they STILL IN FACT WANTED TO KEEP IT ON THE SCHEDULE), well, that wins you the prize.
[/quote]
I never said or suggested that GSN has some kind of conspiracy against Ray Combs.  You interpreted that on your own.  I asked (we are allowed to do that, aren't we?) if they possibly had some resentment in showing the Bullseye episodes, meaning that maybe GSN thinks they're crappy and thus, refuses to show them.
[/quote]
Hello, boys and girls!  Welcome to Mister Zinkin's Neighborhood.  The first word of the day is "resentment."

a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury
The second word of the day is "conspire," and this time we'll use definition 2.

to act in harmony toward a common end
Now, let's see what you asked in your prior post:

[quote name=\'Combs Feud aficionado\' post=\'123790\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 01:49 PM\']
Does GSN have some resentment in showing the Combs Bullseye episodes of Feud?  I remember a few years back, right before the CBS Combs Feud episodes were about to hit Family Feud Challenge.  Instead of opening up a one hour block of programming time to accomodate FFC, GSN dropped the CBS episodes and replaced them with Combs' syndicated episodes.
[/quote]
Anyone who would conclude that a game show episode can in any way be construed as a "wrong, insult,  or injury" is making way too much of the situation.  It gives a whole new meaning to "overreact."  Mind you, it's stretching things a bit unless you think that keeping the Bullseye episodes off the network is truly an evil act, but since you're willing to claim that GSN actually "resents" those episodes, Chris wasn't as far off as the word "conspiracy" normally would imply.

[quote name=\'Combs Feud aficionado\' post=\'123801\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 03:05 PM\']
The point is, I made a harmless comment and you acted like a prick.  I don't care if you are "In the Biz."  Your attitude sucks and you show little to no respect for anyone that has a differing opinion of your own.  I would think that the moderator of a forum would want to make his or her guests feel welcome and value their opinions in order to make the experience a positive and joyful one.  Not you though.
[/quote]
I would think that before ranting about how poor a moderator Mr. Lemon is, you might take the time to find out whether or not he actually is a moderator.  (Can you say "moderator," boys and girls?  I knew you could.)  Guess what?  He isn't.  However, I am, and he did nothing that breaks the rules.  I'd have been a touch more diplomatic, but Mr. Lemon himself has admitted that he's never been accused of being a diplomat. :-)

To summarize: You overreacted.  Chris merely extrapolated.  Next time, choose your words more carefully.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:39:43 PM by dzinkin »