Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Full Password All-Stars theme....  (Read 14464 times)

BrandonFG

Full Password All-Stars theme....
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »
Never thought I'd see a day when the word "pimp" would actually enter a game show conversation. ;-) :-P

/fa shizzle
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Robair

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »
He just put up the entire, and I mean entire, Sheldon Allman "Let's Make a Deal" library, over 80 cues worth.
--Robair

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
Yikes, man! Already seeing a mountain of themes here worth adding to my jukebox for the summer carnival when I'm running the money wheel.

Saw a couple themes mislinked with nothing there. Sad, too. I wouldn't mind having the Lingo themes. And I was so hyped for finding the shows I had asked about a little while ago, like the Press Your Luck pilot, Hit Man and Wipeout. Ah well, one of these days, they've gotta turn up.

And was it just me, or did the Long Pilot for Bullseye really bring new meaning to the term LOOOONG pilot? 16 minutes, AND disco lyrics?! You'd think you were settling in for Rapper's Delight or something. One thing's for sure: The closing theme is better, but I know that the interlude piece they played coming out of commercials belongs in there somewhere. I don't know if that one's ever gonna make sense.

But what a site! Kudos to TQ. I can hunt here for ages!
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

davemackey

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' post=\'123711\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 05:35 PM\']
He just put up the entire, and I mean entire, Sheldon Allman "Let's Make a Deal" library, over 80 cues worth.
[/quote]
Which made the rounds of a lot of Hatos-Hall shows. If you look hard enough there you can also find the themes to "Three For The Money" and "Masquerade Party".

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2006, 09:34:13 PM »
Wow...I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but T.Q. has the best version of the theme for Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? that I've ever heard anywhere...including on the actual show.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 12:25:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'123740\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 09:34 PM\']
Wow...I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but T.Q. has the best version of the theme for Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? that I've ever heard anywhere...including on the actual show.[/quote]
Is it different than what's on the CD that is (or was) commercially available?

I've noticed that he doesn't seem to have any misgivings about taking commercially-released tracks and posting them along with the rest. (c.f. Mole, The)  Not that I necessarily have a problem with that, I don't think one's any more or less legal to do than the other, but it seems more likely that he'd get himself in trouble essentially posting entire CDs.

A time-based trader?  Really?  I was so impressed until I read that.

How would he feel about music to locally-produced high school quizzes?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006, 01:07:04 AM »
Can't we just record somebody saying "F*** you" for 2:18, and label it as some rare theme that he doesn't have? Would he fall for it?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 01:07:20 AM by whoserman »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2006, 07:59:50 AM »
I admit I'm not computer savvy, but can't you record these on Cool Edit or Adobe and have them for your personal use? Is there a quality issue I don't understand? At least you can hear them. Am I missing something?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2006, 08:49:44 AM »
Can't we just record somebody saying "F*** you" for 2:18, and label it as some rare theme that he doesn't have? Would he fall for it

First he's a "theme whore" and now this? A bit overly bitter over pieces of music, eh?

In other news, this one might have gone unnoticed, but he's even posted the original 1983 "Changing Keys" music, slightly different than the 1984 version.

--Jamie

sshuffield70

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2006, 08:54:08 AM »
He did?  Unless I have the wrong file, it sounds like '84 to me.  And I know what '83 is supposed to sound like.

WhammyPower

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2006, 08:56:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'123740\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 08:34 PM\'] Wow...I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but T.Q. has the best version of the theme for Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? that I've ever heard anywhere...including on the actual show. [/quote]

I posted links to the long (what he has) and short versions of that theme on my site (look in the sidebar).  Link's in the sig.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'123770\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 04:59 AM\']
I admit I'm not computer savvy, but can't you record these on Cool Edit or Adobe and have them for your personal use? Is there a quality issue I don't understand? At least you can hear them. Am I missing something?
[/quote]
Yes, there are absolutely quality issues...the source MP3 is going to sound way better than a compressed-to-hell-and-back RealMedia file.

If the quality right as it is now is good enough for you, knock yourself out. Not for me, though.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2006, 10:37:58 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'123774\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 08:54 AM\']
He did?  Unless I have the wrong file, it sounds like '84 to me.  And I know what '83 is supposed to sound like.
[/quote]
The WOF 83 that he has up there is the original theme. The air version is looped to begin at :54 and then goes back to :02 at the corresponding point in the music.

The theme was rerecorded in 1984 to give it a little more presence and bring the tenor sax (which may have been played by Plas Johnson - I'm not entirely sure, but he was in the Mort Lindsey band at the time) a little more to the front of the mix. This is the version you hear on the game show CD.

snowpeck

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »
Yes, it's definitely the 83 version, which was released on a 1983 single on the Zoo York label.  Nightwalk was on the B-side... also different from the version released on 1984's "Escape" album.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123752\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 12:25 AM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'123740\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 09:34 PM\']
Wow...I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but T.Q. has the best version of the theme for Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? that I've ever heard anywhere...including on the actual show.[/quote]
Is it different than what's on the CD that is (or was) commercially available?
[/quote]

Well, it's exactly like what you hear on the TV show, except it includes the fifth and sixth verses.  So if that's what was one the CD, no; otherwise, yes.