Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Poker Face w/Ant and Dec  (Read 1534 times)

jalman

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« on: July 11, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »
Links: Official site and UK Gameshows

Somewhat interesting show with six contestants entering each day to qualify for the final show Sunday for a 1 million GBP.  Not the greatest format I've seen executed and the drama among players doesn't necessarily makes the show Must See, but I'll stick around and watch the whole series.

itiparanoid13

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:02:29 PM »
ABC is supposedly making a version called "The Con Test", unless it switched names also.  We'll have to see if they get it off the ground or if it goes the way of ABC DoND.

tvwxman

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »
I liked it...a bit too much like Weakest Link, but it's a good trivia contest with some unusual elements.

I'd like to see it on ABC...in it's 6 days and out format for the UK, it would make a good sweeps week move...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brig Bother

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 04:18:04 AM »
I think it's a shame the early rounds feel so tensionless because the money is so low in comparison to what you could win that nobody really considers folding. The second half of the show is a huge improvement on the first half, as also by then you've decided who you're rooting for (and crucially, against) and are shouting at the television - that's where the strength in the format lies.

StevensM

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:32:09 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'123892\' date=\'Jul 11 2006, 07:02 PM\']
ABC is supposedly making a version called "The Con Test", unless it switched names also.  We'll have to see if they get it off the ground or if it goes the way of ABC DoND.
[/quote]

It sounds like a neat show.  It sounds like ABC has given a green-light to the show, so I'd expect to see it barring a management change like the one that killed ABC Deal or No Deal.  For better or for worse, I suspect you'll see this one before another round of Super Millionaire.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:32:24 PM by StevensM »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
[quote name=\'StevensM\' post=\'123939\' date=\'Jul 12 2006, 09:32 AM\']
I suspect you'll see this one before another round of Super Millionaire.
[/quote]
Since ABC doesn't own the Millionaire rights anymore, I'm thinking you're probably right.

*mutter*
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

Poker Face w/Ant and Dec
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 05:47:27 PM »
Well hold your horses chaps, it's not setting the ratings boxes alight here right now. Night two lost 20% of night one's audience, and that wasn't huge.

But if the £1m final does well I suspect ITV will tweak it and give it a second chance. And then give up on it if that fails.