Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Miami Audition Report  (Read 2155 times)

Timsterino

Pyramid Miami Audition Report
« on: September 06, 2003, 12:02:10 PM »
Hi all,

I am back from the 10am Pyramid audition. It is a rainy, yucky morning here in South Florida. There were about 30-40 people in my audition session. The test was the same format as last year. The Executive Producer Stephen Brown read the clues and we filled in the blanks.

There were 8 passers, five women and three men. Guess who was one of the male passers? ME!! :-)

We played the front game in front of the Executive Producer who brought us up in groups of two. Each of us took turns giving and receiving. After we all played they took polaroids and told us they will be picking one person today at 5PM and the rest of us who they liked will go into a file (to possibly be called later).

We shall see what happens. Either way I had a blast.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 12:02:38 PM by Timsterino »

vtown7

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 02:09:36 PM »
Fingers crossed for you, Tim!

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 05:37:09 PM »
Thanks, Ryan! I was not the person selected, but that is ok. I am glad that I at least passed the test.

On to the next game show ;-). A game show fan never quits!!

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 06:17:37 PM »
BTW, at least we came home with a prize.

We won the new Pyramid home game in the raffle ;-).

jmenjes

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 07:52:11 PM »
Wish I could've been there, but a small detail kept me from going to the tryout...work.

Good job on passing the test, Tim!

John
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

vtown7

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 09:17:17 AM »
Tim -

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the call.  You're still in the active file, I hope?

Oh, and kudos on picking up the game!  Does it play the same as the old versions?  I picked up a copy of Endless' version a couple of weeks ago and enjoy it, save for the fact that I only won one of four rounds last Saturday night...

Cheers,

Ryan :)

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 07:44:55 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Sep 7 2003, 08:17 AM\'] Tim -

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the call.  You're still in the active file, I hope?

Oh, and kudos on picking up the game!  Does it play the same as the old versions?  I picked up a copy of Endless' version a couple of weeks ago and enjoy it, save for the fact that I only won one of four rounds last Saturday night...

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 Word is that it plays more like the 1986 Cardinal version than the 1974-81 octet of Milton Bradley editions, complete with the REAL Winner's Circle for the bonus round(the MB editions had a rehash of the main game as the bonus round, for those that don't know or haven't read our co-czar's home game site). It also has six answers for each of the main game category round like the modern version, but has a 30 second timer included.

Timsterino

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 07:53:37 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Sep 7 2003, 09:17 AM\'] Tim -

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the call.  You're still in the active file, I hope?

Oh, and kudos on picking up the game!  Does it play the same as the old versions?  I picked up a copy of Endless' version a couple of weeks ago and enjoy it, save for the fact that I only won one of four rounds last Saturday night...

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]

Hi Ryan & John,

Thank you. :-) I do not know if I am in the active file or not. They do not tell us that. They say \"don't call us, we'll call you.\" I am sorry that you did not have a chance to go, John. It is cool though to see that other members of this group live in South Florida.

It was the new endless version of the game they gave away. I have to say that I was really impressed with the amount of giveaways they had. They gave away walkmans, mall gift certificates, t-shirts, hats, posters, games, magnets, a standee.

If anyone has a chance to catch it in Minnesota or Sacramento it is really worth the trip.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 08:00:01 PM by Timsterino »