Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DOND Handheld Electronic Game  (Read 5578 times)

bwood

DOND Handheld Electronic Game
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »
Bums me out about Vienna, I used to find all kinds of things there first that I couldn't find here yet. I love going to Vienna. I remember they had a hobby store in the mall a few years back that still had the "Finders Keepers" home games new on the shelves (as well as Double Dare and a few others). It was like $20 or something and I bought it anyway. Just amazed me how those had sat there all those years.  On a funny side note, a good while back I discovered there was a Western Sizzlin' restaurant there (Parkersburg), we used to have one here many years ago and my family loved it. I took my Mom there one night, we ate, it was good. One day we decided to go back, and on the door it says "CLOSED: ASBESTOS". So much for that. Then, the next time we went down that way it was demolished. So now we eat at Ryan's in Parkersburg or Caesar's in the mall.
Anyway, I'll call later in the week to the TRU to see if anything's changed. Was really looking forward to heading down that way this weekend. Oh well.

rebelwrest

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 10:52:33 PM »
Bwood, I would recommend the Golden Corral next to the old Montgomery Wards (the Big Sandy Superstore).  Also, about this hobby store was this next to the JcPenney?  It is almost like bwood, Adam, and I should get together for a game show discussion sometime in Vienna.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

bwood

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 06:36:21 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'125042\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 10:52 PM\']
Bwood, I would recommend the Golden Corral next to the old Montgomery Wards (the Big Sandy Superstore).  Also, about this hobby store was this next to the JcPenney?  It is almost like bwood, Adam, and I should get together for a game show discussion sometime in Vienna.
[/quote]

Yes, that store was next to JCPenny ("Just Toy & Hobby" I think it was called), and come to think of it, I did eat at the Golden Corral next to Big Sandy, it was pretty good. I wasn't excited about eating there that day because we have one here (I like to eat at different places) , but it was so much different. I think we went there 'cause the Sizzlin' was torn down.
I agree, it is like we should get together. Heck, I'd drive down that way to meet up sometime. It's not that far for me at all. I'm over that way almost about every chance I can get. Would be nice to meet some people who share the same obsession as I do.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:37:19 PM by bwood »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'125042\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 09:52 PM\']
Bwood, I would recommend the Golden Corral [/quote]
On a whole, I find Golden Corral's to be very, very, subpar, compared with other chains, such as Ryan's and Old Country Buffet.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'125160\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 05:35 PM\']
On a whole, I find Golden Corral's to be very, very, subpar, compared with other chains, such as Ryan's and Old Country Buffet.
[/quote]
Would you have posted if you liked it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125161\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 07:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'125160\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 05:35 PM\']
[/quote]
Would you have posted if you liked it?
[/quote]
I may, and I may have not.  I was simply offering an alternative dining solution--one, which, IMO would provide them with a better experience.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'125162\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 06:04 PM\']
I may, and I may have not.  I was simply offering an alternative dining solution--one, which, IMO would provide them with a better experience.
[/quote]
Okay, Mark.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 09:07:51 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'125042\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 10:52 PM\']
[/quote]

The Northeast contigent, when they get together (which consists of myself, DaveRomanjr, Mystery7, and ChuckNet) absolutely loves "Fire Mountain". It's a chain that's also under the same umbrella as Ryan's. Coincidentally enough, the Fire Mountain location where I'm at housed a Golden Corral previously.

Perhaps we could have some type of G.E. College Bowl type thing with the Northeast Contigent vs. the WV/VA game show fans. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:08:31 PM by aaron sica »

bwood

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'125165\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 09:07 PM\']
Perhaps we could have some type of G.E. College Bowl type thing with the Northeast Contigent vs. the WV/VA game show fans. :)
[/quote]

I'm game :)

This is the guy who won a Quiz Bowl Tournament in High School with a game show question. I was on the team all four years. I always said that during my career, a game show question would come up,  and one of my last matches as a senior I hear..... "He was the original host of Jeopardy..." and that's all I needed to hear. I don't even know what the rest of the question was. I answered it and my team (and the other team, and the whole room) was like "whaaa?". That was the game (and tourney) winner. Sounds like an easy question to all of us, but do you really expect a bunch of 18 year olds (in 2003) to get that one?

rebelwrest

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 10:53:40 PM »
That makes two team members of the WV/VA team.  Bwood, since you were in quiz bowl and you graduated the same year I did, did you ever play against Ritchie County High School?  If you did, do you remember a chubby guy that always sat closest to the reader, that was me.  Also, which tournament was this that your team won.  It sounds like the question your team won on was a Ernie Anderson/Adam Nedeff question at Marshall SCORES.

Word to the wise, I am ranked the highest scoring player in the 2006 Region 4 Tournament at Saint Mary's University.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 10:58:48 PM »
Hey, I sadly live in West Virginia, lol.  I go to WVU.

rebelwrest

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 11:12:12 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'125177\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 10:58 PM\']
Hey, I sadly live in West Virginia, lol.  I go to WVU.
[/quote]

Yeah, sadly.  I go to Wheeling Jesuit University.  Since the WV go are getting to know each other, what part of WV are you from, and would you like to join the team.  If we get Adam Nedeff on we got our team.

Also Bwood, what part of Ohio are you from? From the info provided it sounds like you live either south or west of Belpre.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'125175\' date=\'Jul 25 2006, 10:53 PM\']
It sounds like the question your team won on was a Ernie Anderson/Adam Nedeff question at Marshall SCORES.
[/quote]

It pretty much has to be. I can't remember the Art Fleming question, but Ernie always tries to shoehorn an obscure-to-this-generation game show question for any tournament that we do. Off the top of my head, I know we've had questions where the correct answer was...

"The $10,000 Pyramid" (answered correctly)
"Match Game" (answered correctly)
"Family Feud" (answered correctly)
"Scrabble" (answered correctly)
"Blockbusters" (It was an audio question: "Identify this NBC game show, hosted by Bill Cullen, by listening to its theme music." The question was missed, and to my delight and amazement, the wrong answer that the team gave was "Hot Potato.")

We also use "Alphabetics" as a 60-Seconds Round category now and again.

So by golly, we have SCORES veterans here...I had no idea.

One other thing...rebelwrest, e-mail me if you can.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 12:06:50 AM by Adam Nedeff »

bwood

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 11:51:36 PM »
I'm from SE Ohio, more Zanesville/Cambridge as the general area. We were in so many tournaments I couldn't even count (or remember most of them). I think the technical name for the main league we were in was the SEOQL (Southeastern Ohio Quiz League, where the Fleming question came up) which pretty much consisted of schools right here in the direct area. The television broadcast tournament we appeared on every year was WHIZ TV's High School Honor Society (Zanesville, OH). We also took part in the Muskingum Valley League Tournament (also local schools) and a few tournaments at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland among others. We kept busy, as we were always on the move. My Quiz Bowl coach during my junior and senior year was a big game show fan so we always had things to talk about during those long drives to tourneys.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:56:01 PM by bwood »