Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OT-Television Interview archive  (Read 2033 times)

Tim L

OT-Television Interview archive
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »
I've just stumbled across a good resource..From the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (responsible for the EMMY awards)..They have a Television Interview Archive consisting of video interviews of as of now 475 TV Actors, hosts, producers, writers, etc. which span over 5 decades of TV work.   The Interviews are mostly at least 3 hours long..Some can be seen on Google Video..They plan to put most all of them on there at some point..They can be accessed there for free.  The only Game Show connections I found so far are Bob Barker, Betty White and Jim McKay...all on video and Bob Stewart..not accessible on video as yet.  Below is a link to the entire list..Ones with a G next to their name have a direct link to Google Video

http://www.emmys.org/foundation/archive/interviews.php

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:06:32 PM »
Discussed here
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »
You buzzed right past Steve Allen and Dick Clark?!!??!?

There are quite a few more there....some easy, some not-so-much.....
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Tim L

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:12:31 PM »
Here I thought I had discovered something new(at least to us.) oh well..As far as picking out Game Show luminaries, I concentrated on ones that have Video actually up on Google though I did see Dick Clark..It escaped me that he did do Pyramid..And yes I did miss You all talking about it in Oct. 2005..thanks for the link..

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'124955\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 02:06 PM\']
Discussed here
[/quote]
Almost exactly NINE MONTHS AGO.  Seriously, when something like this is a day or so apart, that's when we've got problems.  I really don't think anybody ought to reasonably be expected to track down every utterance ever made here for duplication.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:46:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'124961\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 02:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'124955\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 02:06 PM\']
Discussed here
[/quote]
Almost exactly NINE MONTHS AGO.  Seriously, when something like this is a day or so apart, that's when we've got problems.  I really don't think anybody ought to reasonably be expected to track down every utterance ever made here for duplication.
[/quote]
Agreed.

Didn't mean to criticize, just to inform.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:47:19 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

rialtus

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'124965\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 01:46 PM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'124961\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 02:36 PM\']Almost exactly NINE MONTHS AGO.  Seriously, when something like this is a day or so apart, that's when we've got problems.  I really don't think anybody ought to reasonably be expected to track down every utterance ever made here for duplication.[/quote]Agreed. Didn't mean to criticize, just to inform.[/quote]As someone who wasn't around here NINE MONTHS AGO *snirk*, I appreciate this link to another resource that I'll be spending time with. Thanks!

tvrandywest

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »
[quote name=\'rialtus\' post=\'124980\' date=\'Jul 24 2006, 12:35 PM\'] As someone who wasn't around here NINE MONTHS AGO... [/quote]
Exactly what I said at the paternity hearing!

But seriously, the interviews are among the best of the Academy's contributions to the TV legacy. Thanks are due in part to Academy member Bob Boden, without whom I suspect game shows would be under-represented. The genre is often given less respect than has been earned over the decades.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:45:26 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com