Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Longshot!  (Read 2400 times)

tvmitch

Longshot!
« on: July 26, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »
I just realized that I lost a lot of what was on my old hard drive. This wouldn't be a big deal, because I should have a backup on my web server, but my web server has informed me that they had to shut down and I lost all my data there, too.

The biggest thing I lost was all my game show lists that were on mitchgroff.com/gameshow/. I realize this is a huge longshot, and mods, I know it might be an annoying request, but if anyone out there would happen to have some semblance of a copy of any of the pages off that site saved somewhere, I need them desperately. I lost just about 5 years of work in those documents.

I do have the Excel file that represents my latest shows, so all I need is the HTML document from mitchgroff.com/gameshow/list.html. If anyone has that list or any other HTML list from my site saved somewhere in their email or the deep dark trenches of their hard drive, email me right away at mitchgroff at gmail dot com. I hadn't updated that list.html document in about three years, so even if it's an old copy, it's gold to me.

If anyone can find it, the first person to get me a copy gets 10 hours of shows from my collection. Thanks all!
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

Longshot!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'125282\' date=\'Jul 26 2006, 07:31 PM\']

If anyone can find it, the first person to get me a copy gets 10 hours of shows from my collection. Thanks all!
[/quote]

Is this what you're looking for?

http://web.archive.org/web/20041020233539/...eshow/list.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:39:40 PM by aaron sica »

FOXSportsFan

Longshot!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'125282\' date=\'Jul 26 2006, 07:31 PM\']
I just realized that I lost a lot of what was on my old hard drive. This wouldn't be a big deal, because I should have a backup on my web server, but my web server has informed me that they had to shut down and I lost all my data there, too.

The biggest thing I lost was all my game show lists that were on mitchgroff.com/gameshow/. I realize this is a huge longshot, and mods, I know it might be an annoying request, but if anyone out there would happen to have some semblance of a copy of any of the pages off that site saved somewhere, I need them desperately. I lost just about 5 years of work in those documents.

I do have the Excel file that represents my latest shows, so all I need is the HTML document from mitchgroff.com/gameshow/list.html. If anyone has that list or any other HTML list from my site saved somewhere in their email or the deep dark trenches of their hard drive, email me right away at mitchgroff at gmail dot com. I hadn't updated that list.html document in about three years, so even if it's an old copy, it's gold to me.

[/quote]

Have you tried using this site: Wayback Machine

EDIT: Aaron beat me to it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:37:48 PM by FOXSportsFan »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Longshot!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »
I sent him the exact same thing via email...

It even had many of his pictures; something that doesn't always happen with The Wayback Machine.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

FOXSportsFan

Longshot!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'125285\' date=\'Jul 26 2006, 07:40 PM\']
I sent him the exact same thing via email...

It even had many of his pictures; something that doesn't always happen with The Wayback Machine.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've noticed that with Wayback, that sometimes no pictures show up on older sites.

tvmitch

Longshot!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 07:50:17 PM »
Thank you guys so much. We can close this thread now unless it should be archived for some reason.
You should follow me on Twitter

Jay Temple

Longshot!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 12:56:29 AM »
This is funny ... I would have sworn there was a game show hosted by Monty Hall in 1977 titled Long Shot, and I expected this thread to be about it. When I went to the EoTVGS, it wasn't there, but as luck would have it, in the course of looking for that section of the book, I saw a pic from It's Anybody's Guess, which turned out to be the exact show that I had remembered!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.