Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aus WoF theme music  (Read 2958 times)

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:44:14 AM »
I forget who asked to hear this, but whoever it was can hear the various versions of Australia's Wheel of Fortune theme music at my site's WoF info page at http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/st...ortune1981.html

Chelsea Thrasher

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125592\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 12:44 AM\']
I forget who asked to hear this, but whoever it was can hear the various versions of Australia's Wheel of Fortune theme music at my site's WoF info page at http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/st...ortune1981.html
[/quote]

Thanks for the theme. (Though I did have to paste the URL directly into my browser to get it to go - Tripod's hotlinking policy strikes again) Good to hear the current iteration of the Aussie Wheel theme in the clear.  It's not the most impressive piece of game show music ever, but compared to the stuff they're using in television nowadays in just about every part of the globe, it's certainly not bad.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:09:27 PM by Seth Thrasher »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »
Once I figured out how to get it to play, it was really good! Thanks for posting that!

Anyone know who the composer was, so I can tag the MP3 appropriately? (Even if it was a group, like Score Productions or Groove Addicts, that would be a great help.) According to the track it was a rip from "Television's Greatest Hits, Vol. 7", does one of our friends Down Under have that CD and could check for me? I'm trying to Google and not getting very far, since it turns up the US versions of that CD.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:32:53 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:47:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125629\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 03:24 PM\']
Once I figured out how to get it to play, it was really good! Thanks for posting that!

Anyone know who the composer was, so I can tag the MP3 appropriately? (Even if it was a group, like Score Productions or Groove Addicts, that would be a great help.) According to the track it was a rip from "Television's Greatest Hits, Vol. 7", does one of our friends Down Under have that CD and could check for me? I'm trying to Google and not getting very far, since it turns up the US versions of that CD.
[/quote]

Yes, it was me who ripped it from that CD.

Note that the Australian releases of these CDs have a few Australian tracks on them, and this particular track replaced the Ren and Stimpy theme from the American release of that disc.

Shame about the hotlinking policy. It was the lesser of two evils, since if I uploaded the track to my Geocities account, it would exceed transfer allowance after being played twice. If anyone knows of any solution to this, I'll be VERY happy to hear it!

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 12:53:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125629\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 03:24 PM\']
Anyone know who the composer was, so I can tag the MP3 appropriately? [/quote]

Looks like the only way to find this out will be to look through the old videos and see if I can find an episode of the show with full credits. I'll let you know if and when I manage to find it.

Btw, making media player clips is totally new to me (this and two other tracks I ripped yesterday were the first ones I've ever actually tried), so forgive the stupid question, but what does "so I can tag the MP3 appropriately" mean?

clemon79

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:00:01 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125648\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 09:47 PM\']
Yes, it was me who ripped it from that CD.
[/quote]
Well, could you do me a favor and check the liner notes? It should mention a composer in there somewhere. :)

clemon79

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:02:58 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125649\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 09:53 PM\']
but what does "so I can tag the MP3 appropriately" mean?
[/quote]
Okay, you know how an MP3 has a section where you can put in the album and artist information and such? (You must, since you did it with the one you made.) Well, that's called an ID3 tag. And I would like to edit mine so that the artist for the track is included with the album information.

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 01:06:58 AM »
Sadly, no liner notes for the Australian release of those CDs. I'll check out the videos and see what I can find for you

clemon79

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43:27 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125653\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 10:06 PM\']
Sadly, no liner notes for the Australian release of those CDs. I'll check out the videos and see what I can find for you
[/quote]
Really? Y'all got jobbed, ours comes with a fairly thick booklet detailing background on each of the songs.

I appreciate you looking, tho!

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 02:33:51 AM »
We have the thick booklet in the first three volumes (which are identical to the American ones)

Volumes 4, 5, 6 and 7 have their "special Australian editions", which may be cool to have a few Australian theme songs, but they are booklet-deprived

uncamark

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:04 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125658\' date=\'Jul 30 2006, 01:33 AM\']
We have the thick booklet in the first three volumes (which are identical to the American ones)

Volumes 4, 5, 6 and 7 have their "special Australian editions", which may be cool to have a few Australian theme songs, but they are booklet-deprived
[/quote]

And I can assume that the Aussie versions include the "Neighbours," "Home and Away" and "Prisoner (Cell Block H)" themes.

I also assume, however, that the version of the "Prisoner" theme "On the Inside" (if it's on there) is not the full single version, but the edit to fit long credit rolls--once again, if it's on there at all.

CherryPizza

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'125767\' date=\'Jul 31 2006, 10:59 AM\']
And I can assume that the Aussie versions include the "Neighbours," "Home and Away" and "Prisoner (Cell Block H)" themes.[/quote]

Neighbours, yes. Prisoner, yes (I refuse to call that show anything but Prisoner, I'm too much of a purist to add the other three words). Home and Away, no

I also assume, however, that the version of the "Prisoner" theme "On the Inside" (if it's on there) is not the full single version, but the edit to fit long credit rolls--once again, if it's on there at all.

Not actually sure of this

clemon79

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125629\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 01:24 PM\']
[/quote]
Wanna know why Wikipedia rules? Look what I found.

Brandon Brooks

Aus WoF theme music
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' post=\'125592\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 12:44 AM\']
[/quote]
Thanks for putting this up.  It may only be me, but I like the original much better.  This one just seems... underwhelming.  I like the bridge (or is it called the breakdown), though.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:18:36 PM by Brandon Brooks »