Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Midnight Money Madness!  (Read 3203 times)

Brandon Brooks

Midnight Money Madness!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'126079\' date=\'Aug 2 2006, 06:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'126077\' date=\'Aug 2 2006, 04:41 PM\']
CBN?  Maybe I was too young, but I didn't know CBN did this.
[/quote]
He's talking about The Family Channel stuff. Boggle, Shuffle, Jumble, and TP.
[/quote]
You see, I knew that.  I was testing everyone else in the board.  I wouldn't dare ask something like this normally.

(thanks Chris.)

Brandon Brooks

The Ol' Guy

Midnight Money Madness!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
Ah, yes..another senility strike. It happens at this age. CBN, CBN Family, Fox Family..it all blurs after a while. I even expect to see Wink hosting TP after The 700 Club these days.... call the home!

To spin off Matt's thoughts, radio's Pot O' Gold began in 1939, where a randomly selected person could win money. In various Google/Yahoo and related searches, Maxine Fabe's book and Wikipedia state the person called had to answer a question to win an escalating jackpot, others (including the movie spin-off) had a person winning by just answering the phone, other sites say you had to be listening to the show to win, so it's quite the spotty history. It was once deemed just a "lottery", some call it one of the earliest, if not the first, interactive game show. Your thoughts?

Actually, my wife works at an assisted living/nursing home complex, and I'll stop by to see her or host an event. She'll pass meds around and never miss a second of The Price Is Right. It's on in everybody's room. Same with Wheel Of Fortune at 7 pm. Or, as some of the residents call it, The Late Late Show... ;-).

(modified 8/5)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:54:43 PM by The Ol' Guy »

tvrandywest

Midnight Money Madness!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 02:24:16 AM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'126019\' date=\'Aug 2 2006, 09:07 AM\'] Other than the old local station interactives, what about the Martindale CBN block from years back? There were puzzles and quizzes set aside for just the viewers. I gave it a try once. IIRC, all four shows in the block had call-in audience games of some kind. [/quote]
Ah, the Family Channel "Playbreaks". Wink and I would sit in the Glendale Studios and yammer for hours to pre-produce those. And since no one less than Wink says that those Trival Pursuit, Boggle, Jumble and Shuffle shows were the first interactive game shows, they must be!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com