Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Reference made....  (Read 1949 times)

WhammyPower

GS Reference made....
« on: September 06, 2003, 07:55:45 PM »
On Queer Eye for the Straight Guy:

Carson is at a shoe store w/ straight guy named Josh D.:

Carson's finger starts going around a rack of shoes and he says:
\"BIG BUCKS, NO WHAMMES STOP!\"
And he ends up on an ugly pair of shoes.

2 Notes:
  • If you're reading this just after I posted the message, the show will reair many times this week, so you may be able to see it for yourself
  • This reference was first brought to my attention in an AIM sent from Mike Klauss.

JayC

GS Reference made....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 08:13:06 PM »
I saw that, and was thinking the exact same thing.  That was the first time Ive seen this show btw, its not that bad but its also kind of weird.  And ugly is correct about those shoes!

Pyramid80

GS Reference made....
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 08:49:49 PM »
I saw that too.  I was wondering if anyone else saw it.  That was funny!

Esoteric Eric

GS Reference made....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 12:00:19 AM »
Here's another GS reference I saw for the first time today...

The PBS kids' reading show \"Between the Lions\" featured a very basic version of the Rumplestiltskin story in this episode.  (As with QE4TSG, this episode will rerun numerous times, even moreso, since the series only produces like 26 new eps a year, and reruns eps from other years all the time.  This one's called \"Hay Day.\")

At the end, when Rumplestiltskin challenged the poor-girl-turned-queen to tell him his name (or lose her new baby in the attempt) the lighting suddenly dimmed (except for the moving WWTBAM spotlights), and the question was delivered in \"Millionaire\"-style multiple choice:

Q: What's my name?

A: Rumplemeyers
B: Rupertpupkin*
C: Regisphilbin**
D: Rumplestiltskin

As in the original story, the queen had already found out his name, but strung him along a bit before saying, \"Rumplestiltskin is your name... and that's my final answer.\"

Esoteric Eric, who doesn't even HAVE kids, but watches BTL anyway, for scenes like that

* Robert De Niro's role in \"The King of Comedy.\"
** Former sidekick on Joey Bishop's late-night show, among other things...
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GS Reference made....
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 12:26:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Sep 6 2003, 09:00 PM\'] (except for the moving WWTBAM spotlights), and the question was delivered in "Millionaire"-style multiple choice:
 [/quote]
 There is an episode of \"Good Eats\" on Food Network, I think it's the Apple episode, where Alton Brown is making Waldorf salad, and asking Millionaire-esque questions about upcoming ingredients. It's worth seeing, but Good Eats is worth seeing no matter what the subject.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
GS Reference made....
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 12:51:41 AM »
It's worth seeing, but Good Eats is worth seeing no matter what the subject.

Chris, if we have ever disagreed (or will disagree) on any other subject, this is statement I must absolutely concur with.  Alton Brown rules.

\"Game Show Man\" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"