Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: John Davidson's "Time Machine"  (Read 5184 times)

Allstar87

John Davidson's "Time Machine"
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 11:57:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'126552\' date=\'Aug 7 2006, 04:10 PM\']
For the second format, all the games were re-tooled for a second player. I'll come back later with the games used on the finale.
[/quote]
And true to my word, here they are:

As Time Goes By: A picture of a celebrity is shown. One contestant says what year they believe the photo was taken, and the other guesses "higher" or "lower". If the contestant is right with their higher or lower guess, they get a spin. If not, the other one does. This is repeated with two more pictures of the same celebrity, and the person who guesses the years alternates for each question.

After that's done, each player uses the spins they earned on a small spinner called the Money Clock. It has four spaces; zero, 100, 300, and 1000. (The 1000 space is significantly smaller than the other three.) They watch the Money Clock, trying to see how fast the pointer's going. Then they turn away from it, and hit a button to stop it. The number it lands on is the number of dollars they win. (So theoretically, you could get all three spins but win nothing to show for it.)

Tube Game: Same name, same prop, different rules. A base year is given. Then John describes an ABC show that was on that year. Players buzz in to guess what it is, and getting it right won a point. The process is repeated with an NBC show, then a CBS show.

After the three shows are revealed, John continues asking questions about the shows until someone reaches five points. Five points win the game and a bonus prize.

Jukebox Game: This game is played with four jukeboxes, each emblazoned with a different year. (All years are within the same decade.) Then a song is played, and two possible artists are given. The players buzz in with their guess. Getting it right meant they had to match the song with the year it was released. If they matched, they got a point. If they missed, their opponent got one chance to pick the right one and steal the point. Either way, the jukebox with the right answer is eliminated from play.

If all the jukeboxes are eliminated, then the contestants just have to identify the song's artist to get the point, without worrying what year it was released. First to three points with the game and a prize.

And there you have it!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:23:27 AM by Allstar87 »

William_S.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 01:03:43 AM »
Ok this is starting to sound firmilier.

Now does Davidson step out of the side from a picture in the opening?

Clay Zambo

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 06:52:26 AM »
I vaguely remember one more mini-game that I found interesting; it featured a "clock" with a sweeping hand.  The player got to watch the hand move for a bit, then, without looking, had to stop the clock (by using a buzzer? I don't recall) within a certain, narrow area.

One of the more interesting sets, and a mildly interesting, potentially-educational concept, but I wasn't a bit surprised that T didn't last forever.
czambo@mac.com

Allstar87

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'William_S.\' post=\'126684\' date=\'Aug 9 2006, 01:03 AM\']
Ok this is starting to sound firmilier.

Now does Davidson step out of the side from a picture in the opening?
[/quote]

Not in the two I've got; a part of the set would rise up, and Davidson would walk out from that. (Parts of the set would raise up to reveal mini-games, prizes, and contestants.)

[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'126696\' date=\'Aug 9 2006, 06:52 AM\']
I vaguely remember one more mini-game that I found interesting; it featured a "clock" with a sweeping hand.  The player got to watch the hand move for a bit, then, without looking, had to stop the clock (by using a buzzer? I don't recall) within a certain, narrow area.
[/quote]

That was "As Time Goes By". And you're right; definitely one of the better ones.