Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal...  (Read 2238 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Deal or No Deal...
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »
Let's pretend that the US DOND does not exist in any form, but another country is using our format.  You are given the choice to select one countries version of Deal to use in the USA.

Which countries format do you use, and why?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Deal or No Deal...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »
Australia, because their version is the best of the lot, right down to the money matrix.

I will also send a horde of large burly men to kidnap Andrew O'Keefe and instruct him to never deviate from that dashing Aussie accent that he has when hosting the show.
Travis L. Eberle

Brig Bother

Deal or No Deal...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:16:33 AM »
The French one, because it's properly funny and racks up the tension better than any other version I've seen.

There are plenty of clips on YouTube as well, including one where someone may or may not win the top prize. Although €500,000 is slightly less impressive when you realise you have to split it with the lucky home viewer winner. So they've upped the top prize to €1,000,000 for the 2006 series.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...re+ou+a+laisser

tvmitch

Deal or No Deal...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:21:54 AM »
I enjoy the UK version, with the sense of comraderie between the players who have been on the same stage for oh so long. Couple the UK version with the sheer excitement of the Oz version (the UK version seems boring in comparisoin some of the time) and I think that might be a nice balance.
You should follow me on Twitter

itiparanoid13

Deal or No Deal...
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »
I've been a fan of the Dutch one and I always will.  I know the two things don't fit together well, but I love the trivia round and briefcase round combined.  It really makes the briefcase round seem like a bonus round more than the game, which I am all for.  That and the music package is incredible; it rivals Millionaire's IMO.