Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud this year...  (Read 41430 times)

TimK2003

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2006, 10:40:14 PM »
Just watched a couple of those clips on YouTube and was very impressed with O'Hurleys quick wit & personality package -- something his last 2 predecessors did not have.

The set does have it's plusses and minuses (I don't like that font used for the scoring for one,...)  But hopefully, the show will do good/better in the ratings and O'Hurley will get to stick around for a long while.  Out here, double run Feud is scheduled between Y & R and the Noon News (yeah, us mountain-time people get network shows at weird times  -- Price at 9AM, Y&R at 10AM, and Feud at 11AM).

tvwxman

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2006, 07:55:14 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'129390\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 09:20 PM\']
Feud seems to be a hard game to announce, surprisingly.  Gene Wood pulled it off to a T.  I don't know of any current announcer that would handle it well (Maybe Johnny Gilbert...maybe), as proven by GSM, and these clips.
[/quote]

Explain this. The announcer has only two sets of lines on this show, at the beginning and the end (and that's assuming they do the Goodson/Todman line at the end). How is this hard ?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tpirfan28

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2006, 08:17:02 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'129430\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 07:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'129390\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 09:20 PM\']
Feud seems to be a hard game to announce, surprisingly.  Gene Wood pulled it off to a T.  I don't know of any current announcer that would handle it well (Maybe Johnny Gilbert...maybe), as proven by GSM, and these clips.
[/quote]

Explain this. The announcer has only two sets of lines on this show, at the beginning and the end (and that's assuming they do the Goodson/Todman line at the end). How is this hard ?
[/quote]

I'm not talking about the difficulty of the script that the person has to read, I'm talking about the announcer themselves.  I've seen the clip of Burton opening the new Family Feud, and, honestly, it's bad.  You need a good announcer who can put some passion into the open, but not something fakey (Burton in that clip).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Neumms

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'129411\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 09:40 PM\']
I don't like that font used for the scoring for one,...
[/quote]

I'm glad someone else noticed this, because this kind of thing bugs the hell out of me.

As well as O'Hurley does, I still think he's really out of place on this show. He's urbane and witty, and this show needs warm and jokey. If only they could've nabbed Howie before NBC did. Maybe then O'Hurley would be doing "Deal or No Deal," but I digress.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2006, 02:12:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'129442\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 12:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'129411\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 09:40 PM\']
I don't like that font used for the scoring for one,...
[/quote]

I'm glad someone else noticed this, because this kind of thing bugs the hell out of me.
[/quote]
At least it's not Impact.  That said, I would've preferred they stayed old-school and used the Ferranti (EDIT--so I spelled it wrong) scoreboards (instead of the Eggcrate readouts they had been using in prior years).

But that's just me.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2200 continues (and good to be back in sweet home Chicago)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 02:47:51 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Casey Buck

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'129448\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 11:12 AM\']
At least it's not Impact.  That said, I would've preferred they stayed old-school and used the Ferrenti scoreboards (instead of the Eggcrate readouts they had been using in prior years).

But that's just me.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2200 continues (and good to be back in sweet home Chicago)
[/quote]
Or they could have hired Todd Robinson to computer-generate the Ferranti-Packard scoreboards. :)

uncamark

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »
There hasn't been an MGP reference in the credits for several years now--and even in the first few years of Louie it was just the graphic with no voice-over tag.

WhammyPower

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2006, 05:36:50 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'129390\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 08:20 PM\']
 - The survey board.  This was the prime opportunity to revert back to a more classic survey board...but no...they use the more modern one.[/quote]
They switched it to blue, even.  Give us our red back!

Also, there is now a Fast Money clip up.

In that clip, the Feud logo does NOT animate.  That sucks.  But, it seems the music is growing on me.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:49:15 PM by WhammyPower »

FOXSportsFan

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'129481\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 05:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'129390\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 08:20 PM\']
 - The survey board.  This was the prime opportunity to revert back to a more classic survey board...but no...they use the more modern one.[/quote]
They switched it to blue, even.  Give us our red back!

Also, there is now a Fast Money clip up.

In that clip, the Feud logo does NOT animate.  That sucks.  But, it seems the music is growing on me.
[/quote]

They remixed the remix.  I sort of like it.  John's awesome as always.  I think we have a quality product of the likes we haven't seen since 1991 or 1992 on our hands.

BrandonFG

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2006, 06:28:58 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'129448\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 11:12 AM\']
At least it's not Impact.  That said, I would've preferred they stayed old-school and used the Ferrenti scoreboards (instead of the Eggcrate readouts they had been using in prior years).
[/quote]
With the plasma upgrade, I think TPiR is now the last show that uses old-school vane/eggcrate scoreboards? Not that there's a lot of shows to choose from. ;-)

I guess it's kinda like when shows in the 70s upgraded from solaris to eggcrates.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:31:52 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

BrandonFG

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »
In case no one has figured it out, they haven't added chyron to any of these clips, which explains why there wasn't a FF logo superimposed during the intro, and why there wasn't a (highlight to read) [color=\"white\"]$20,000 win graphic[/color] or closing credits during the Fast Money clip.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Kevin Prather

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2006, 11:55:06 PM »
Shoot. I was hoping there wouldn't be a (highlight to read) [color=\"#FFFFFF\"]$20,000 win graphic[/color]. It's really not necessary, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:55:46 PM by whoserman »

Clay Zambo

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'129552\' date=\'Aug 28 2006, 11:55 PM\']
Shoot. I was hoping there wouldn't be a (highlight to read) [color=\"#FFFFFF\"]$20,000 win graphic[/color]. It's really not necessary, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Well, very little is necessary.  They can play Feud with cardboard on a mostly bare stage and the game works.  

I liked a lot though that the champion's final score was displayed on the "big doors" (which are, what? projection screens?), presumably on both sides of the stage.  That seemed like a classy use of those screens to me, particularly in the bonus round where the losing team's name would no longer need to be displayed.

(I take it that the screens slide away--or fly out, or something--for the "family portrait" shots in the opening.  Anybody know for sure which?)

Audience behind the set seems odd to me, but that's mostly because I don't think I'd want to sit there.  

Feud still won't be appointment TV for me, but I am looking forward to seeing O'Hurley.  I wish him well.
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'129578\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 08:31 AM\']
I liked a lot though that the champion's final score was displayed on the "big doors" (which are, what? projection screens?), presumably on both sides of the stage.  That seemed like a classy use of those screens to me, particularly in the bonus round where the losing team's name would no longer need to be displayed.

(I take it that the screens slide away--or fly out, or something--for the "family portrait" shots in the opening.  Anybody know for sure which?)
[/quote]
From the brief clip I saw in the intro (before they changed camera shots), it looks like the screens rise and lower. As far as the total winnings display, I know they did that during Karn's first season, but not sure if it continued after that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2006, 09:27:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'129578\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 05:31 AM\']
[/quote]
I thought about that too. Since they clearly don't care what the effect actually is (since they don't show it to you), I'm gonna guess they raise/lower it, since that would be more cost-effective.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe