Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud this year...  (Read 41429 times)

Casey Buck

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2006, 03:08:32 AM »
Bumping this up a little bit: an interesting behind the scenes clip during the credits of a family's Fast Money win.

I gotta say, the Feud staff is sure picking a fresh and hip way of promoting their new season, by putting up sneak peek clips on YouTube!

Clay Zambo

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'130041\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 03:08 AM\']
Bumping this up a little bit: an interesting behind the scenes clip during the credits of a family's Fast Money win.[/quote]

And it's clips like that that make me understand, at last, why Dick Clark saluted the camera and left the stage at the end of Pyramid!

I gotta say, the Feud staff is sure picking a fresh and hip way of promoting their new season, by putting up sneak peek clips on YouTube!

You know, I may the dumbest guy on this board.  It never occurred to me that the production staff was doing it officially.  I was wondering when somebody was gonna get fired for sneaking tapes out of the control room and posting them surreptitiously...
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'130062\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 08:33 AM\']
You know, I may the dumbest guy on this board.  It never occurred to me that the production staff was doing it officially.  I was wondering when somebody was gonna get fired for sneaking tapes out of the control room and posting them surreptitiously...
[/quote]
Your first clue should have been that they customized the theme on the page and it didn't end up hideously unviewable. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jalman

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2006, 12:59:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'130062\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 11:33 AM\']
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'130041\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 03:08 AM\']

[/quote]
[/quote]
I've contacted the person via YouTube, and (s)he is a third party who got permission from Fremantle to post those clips.

/oh and if that person is reading this right now, Salutations and Gracias
//my Feud stuff is lost in the pile of VHS tapes scattered about :(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 12:59:53 PM by jalman »

whewfan

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »
And it's clips like that that make me understand, at last, why Dick Clark saluted the camera and left the stage at the end of Pyramid!

I think Dick Clark left the stage to be able to have more time to change outfits and get makeup touched up. I read somewhere that Clark taped 10-15 episodes of Pyramid at one time, so the most courteous thing to do would be to allow him a little extra time. Davidson left the stage too, probably for the sake of consistency. The ONLY time Dick did NOT leave during the credits was the final ep. of $20k Pyramid. I don't recall if he exited during the 25k Pyramid and 100k Pyramid finales (did 100k Pyramid HAVE a "final ep?")

When Louie Anderson first did Feud, he did stick around during the end credits, but apparently he told the producers he felt uncomfy sticking around and trying to blend in with everyone else clapping along and dancing with the theme music. So they let him leave the stage at the end, and this gave him more time to change, and smoke. Karn, on the other hand, always stuck around. It was interesting to see John still cracking jokes as the credits rolled.

uncamark

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'130080\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 12:51 PM\']

I think Dick Clark left the stage to be able to have more time to change outfits and get makeup touched up. I read somewhere that Clark taped 10-15 episodes of Pyramid at one time, so the most courteous thing to do would be to allow him a little extra time. Davidson left the stage too, probably for the sake of consistency. The ONLY time Dick did NOT leave during the credits was the final ep. of $20k Pyramid. I don't recall if he exited during the 25k Pyramid and 100k Pyramid finales (did 100k Pyramid HAVE a "final ep?")[/quote]

He also did it to get on the phone with his office and check up on his other interests.  You gotta remember that he didn't do "Pyramid" because he didn't have anything else going.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2006, 02:02:32 PM »
I think Dick stuck around a few more times than that, particularly after a 100k win, but I'm not positive.

And yeah, those moments remaining on stage seemed rather awkward for John. Looks good without his mic on, applause and theme blaring, but without...

I know 100k didn't end properly, but the final week's guests Tereza Ganzel and Henry Polic II were dressed in formal wear on the Friday ep. to go to the ensuing wrap party. Whether it was to intentionally wrap the series, or it was the usually syndie case of "another season done, let's hope we get renewed!" I am not aware.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Robert Hutchinson

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
Dick stuck around once after a particularly weird moment where Dick Cavett, having spectactularly blown a Winner's Circle (again), "playfully" stormed off the set during the final wrap-up.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

GSNFAN3000

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2006, 04:16:49 PM »
http://www.familyfeud.tv/

The website now has a facelift for this upcoming season, but not complete yet.

Fedya

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2006, 09:34:55 PM »
Henry Polic makes a comment at the end of the Winner's Circle in the final $100KP as they're going to break about the category (THINGS THAT END, if memory serves) being an appropriate one.  I think they knew it was the final episode.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Bob Zager

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'130116\' date=\'Sep 1 2006, 09:34 PM\']
Henry Polic makes a comment at the end of the Winner's Circle in the final $100KP as they're going to break about the category (THINGS THAT END, if memory serves) being an appropriate one.  I think they knew it was the final episode.
[/quote]
Which reminds me, that category WAS the last one used on the final episode of $20,000 Pyramid show!

I believe Bill Cullen needed to use only two clues:  "this show," "the world one day!" to help the contestant win the big money!

CJBojangles

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »
There's a bunch of new clips up of Feud... this time including a different intro. Instead of the classic opening, Burton starts in with his "It's time to play the Family Feud" line.

I have to say, I really much preferred the other.

Introducing the families

whewfan

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2006, 02:20:28 PM »
Is it possible the intro they just added is from earlier in the run, and the other intro that we saw is from later? I did notice that John appears a little more nervous in these newly added clips.

I don't think it makes THAT big of a difference. The Feud still looks great!

The Pyramids

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »
I saw Richard's last rerun last night. It don't know if it was the last one taped. Still I found it kinda sad when he signed off by saying 'See you next time on the Family Feud. I'll be waiting for you.'

Family_Feud_Fanatic

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2006, 05:07:48 PM »
Hello, PaulD.  Richard Karn signed off on his final episode ("Battle of the Twins" aired Friday, May 19th, 2006) with the following quote:  "See you next time on the Family Feud.  Bye.  I'm Richard Karn.  Come on back, & see us.  We're having a lot of fun."