Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Rafferty's Card Sharks= The next to go?  (Read 5914 times)

PYLW

Bill Rafferty's Card Sharks= The next to go?
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:17 AM »
According to Zap2it.com, Starting August 26th, Bill Rafferty's Card Sharks will NOT be airing. And taking its place? Anything To Win. I'm REALLY hoping it's only temporary (Even though Rafferty's Card Sharks for 2 hours a week still was a bit much.). Why don't they just replace the weekend Blockbusters for his Card Sharks?

xavier45

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'127222\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 08:51 AM\']
According to Zap2it.com, Starting August 26th, Bill Rafferty's Card Sharks will NOT be airing. And taking its place? Anything To Win. I'm REALLY hoping it's only temporary (Even though Rafferty's Card Sharks for 2 hours a week still was a bit much.). Why don't they just replace the weekend Blockbusters for his Card Sharks?
[/quote]

I believe Rich Cronin has just stopped thinking. He was on such a role this summer and all of a sudden he is just going downhill. Oh well what can i do, Nothing.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:05:45 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127235\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 11:14 AM\']
[/quote]

I believe Rich Cronin has just stopped thinking. He was on such a role this summer and all of a sudden he is just going downhill. Oh well what can i do, Nothing.
[/quote]
Something you can do is learn when to capitalize.

Most people just don't "stop" thinking.  In this case, its "Rich Cronin is no longer doing everything xaiver45 wants him to do".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:07:02 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

xavier45

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'127239\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 01:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127235\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 11:14 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Something you can do is learn when to capitalize.

Most people just don't "stop" thinking.  In this case, its "Rich Cronin is no longer doing everything xaiver45 wants him to do".
[/quote]

I believe i know who you are Modor. I believe you are gsfan from the GSN boards. And I did not capitilize I. Big deal. Is that all these boards are for is to just jump on people when they dont spell something right or use puncuation. And i believe that many agree with me that Rich Cronin is going back to his 2004 behavior by putting originals and reality in place of classics.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:35:46 PM by xavier45 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127251\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 11:16 AM\']
I believe i know who you are Modor. I believe you are gsfan from the GSN boards. And I did not capitilize I. Big deal. Is that all these boards are for is to just jump on people when they dont speel something right or use puncuation. And i believe that many agree with me that Rich Cronin is going back to his 2004 behavior by putting originals and reality in place of classics.
[/quote]
I believe you are wrong in just about every way possible.

Well, no, wait. You did in fact not capitalize the I in your earlier post. That was correct. I'm not bothered in the least by that, though, because you seem to have much larger problems.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 03:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127251\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 02:16 PM\']

I believe i know who you are Modor. I believe you are gsfan from the GSN boards. And I did not capitilize I. Big deal. Is that all these boards are for is to just jump on people when they dont speel something right or use puncuation. And i believe that many agree with me that Rich Cronin is going back to his 2004 behavior by putting originals and reality in place of classics.
[/quote]

Don't count me as one of them, because I don't agree with you.

And even though Mark shouldn't have flamed you for capitalizing (although I'm not surprised, considering his pissiness, and I don't blame him because you still don't understand proper grammatical rules), I don't think your accusations hold any merit either, because I doubt he's even on those boards.

Hey, if you don't like the way the board is run, I'm gonna suggest going back to the GSN boards and leaving us alone here.

And considering that there's only two "reality shows" as they were on GSN right now, it's hard to even say that it's going back to his 2004 behavior, where there were too many reality shows on GSN.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127251\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 01:16 PM\']
Is that all these boards are for is to just jump on people when they dont speel something right or use puncuation.
[/quote]
"Spell", not "speel".
And i believe that many agree with me that Rich Cronin is going back to his 2004 behavior by putting originals and reality in place of classics.
His "2004 behavior"?  You make it sound as if he has some kind of disorder...which he does not.
I believe i know who you are Modor. I believe you are gsfan from the GSN boards.
Well, at least he's right about something.

Look kid...instead of crying and whining about how I (and others) treat you, why don't you make a genuine effort to change?  I also find this funny...you only come to this board when you want to b*tch about a GSN schedule change...otherwise, you contribute nothing.

BTW, Google SpellCheck is free.  Use it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:36:46 PM by Modor »
--Mark

xavier45

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 03:38:24 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'127253\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 03:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127251\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 02:16 PM\']

[/quote]

Don't count me as one of them, because I don't agree with you.

And even though Mark shouldn't have flamed you for capitalizing (although I'm not surprised, considering his pissiness, and I don't blame him because you still don't understand proper grammatical rules), I don't think your accusations hold any merit either, because I doubt he's even on those boards.

Hey, if you don't like the way the board is run, I'm gonna suggest going back to the GSN boards and leaving us alone here.

And considering that there's only two "reality shows" as they were on GSN right now, it's hard to even say that it's going back to his 2004 behavior, where there were too many reality shows on GSN.
[/quote]

Maybe that is the best thing to do. I will head back to the boards that dont care how you mispell stuff. Its a computer, of course there are going to be mistakes, but i guess you all dont care.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:41:43 PM by xavier45 »

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127260\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 02:38 PM\']
I will head back to the boards that dont care how you mispell stuff. Its a computer, of course there are going to be mistakes, but i guess you all dont care.
[/quote]
Wrong again.  Unless your computer has some kind of "autotype" feature, you are responsible for how you type.

"Misspell", btw.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:52:12 PM by Modor »
--Mark

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 03:48:38 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127260\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 12:38 PM\']
Maybe that is the best thing to do. I will head back to the boards that dont care how you mispell stuff. Its a computer, of course there are going to be mistakes, but i guess you all dont care.
[/quote]
It's the poor handyman who blames his tools. The computer isn't misspelling and posting crap. You are. You can avoid doing that, if you want to. Apparently (and unfortunately) you don't.

If you would rather go back to a place that will tolerate and encourage lazy language and research instead of making an effort to better yourself, then all I have to say is: don't let the door hitcha in the ass on the way out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:49:07 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

xavier45

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 03:49:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'127263\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 03:47 PM\']
I will head back to the boards that dont care how you mispell stuff. Its a computer, of course there are going to be mistakes, but i guess you all dont care.
[/quote]
Wrong again.  Unless your computer has some kind of "autotype" feature, you, and you alone are responsible for how you type.

"Misspell", btw.
[/quote]

Modor you and i have had arguments over almost everything at the GSN boards but this to me is ridiculus. Let's just stop now and just move on. I am putting in the white flag.

dzinkin

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'127263\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 03:47 PM\']
[/quote]
Wrong again.  Unless your computer has some kind of "autotype" feature, you, and you alone are responsible for how you type.
[/quote]
I would go further and note that although many programs have such "autotype" features, the use of these features is not mandatory.

Xavier45 is correct when he notes that people will make mistakes.  He is incorrect when he decides that this means that no effort should be made to avoid such mistakes.  If he prefers the loose-to-nonexistent standards of the GSN board, that is his choice.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 04:44:22 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'127265\' date=\'Aug 13 2006, 03:49 PM\']
 ridiculus. [/quote]
Indeed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 09:42:46 PM »
GETTING BACK ON TOPIC....

[/quote]

I have three theories.

1) Raffety's shows (all two of them) aren't exactly longevous, and thus can easily be run into the ground.

2) Card Sharks is on like 5-7 hours a week.  Enough is enough.

3) Correct me if I'm wrong (which, on this board, is like asking the sun to rise in the East tommorow) but Anything to Win had decent ratings.

If this move goes through, I'll be indifferent.  I always thought AtW was a little schizophrenic with its image, but that's just my opinion.  I'm just wondering what's getting taken out from the other half-hour.  (It was an hour, right?)
This signature is currently under construction.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »
1) Raffety's shows (all two of them) aren't exactly longevous, and thus can easily be run into the ground.

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree with this, but, then again, Greed and Dog Eat Dog are still on, and there were LOTS less episodes made of each than Rafferty BB or CS.  In my opinion, they should finally put the Dog to sleep, but something tells me we're going to see that show cycled through 20,000 runs before that happens...:).

I'm just wondering what's getting taken out from the other half-hour. (It was an hour, right?)

Yeah; ATW is an hour-long show, but, as of right now, Rafferty CS is actually running an hour on Saturday/Sunday mornings (9-10 a.m. EST).  So, no worries; no other shows will be going away...:).

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Rafferty BB on weekends, especially since Cullen BB has weekdays now.  However, it was enjoyable to see the Rafferty shows when we had them, and big props to GSN for allowing us all to see the largely unrecognized hosting talent that is Bill Rafferty...:).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™