Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password DVD game peak  (Read 4347 times)

Bob Zager

Password DVD game peak
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
Here is a direct link to info/illustration of the new Password DVD game:

http://www.spilsbury.com/webapp/wcs/stores...mNo=2&totalNo=2

It wouldn't surprise if the actual game keeps score on-screen, instead of having scoring sheets and pen as shown in the illustration.  Walmart's website shows the Newlywed Game DVD, complete with scoring pad, but the actual game keeps score on-screen, and doesn't include a scoring pad.

BrandonFG

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'128311\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:02 PM\']
Here is a direct link to info/illustration of the new Password DVD game:

http://www.spilsbury.com/webapp/wcs/stores...mNo=2&totalNo=2
[/quote]
Cool. Me and some co-workers have been playing the "Plus/Super" versions on our down-time, and I'm sure there's at least one co-worker who'd love to see this.

Thanks!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mike Tennant

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »
I can see why some games (TPIR and LMAD, e.g.) would benefit from a DVD edition, but I can't see much advantage for Password.  In the box game, you stick a card in a sleeve and look through the red window to see the password.  On the DVD, you look through the red glasses at a TV screen to see it.  If anything, the DVD version seems more cumbersome.

Oh, well.  If it interests more people in the game show itself, it'll be a good thing.

I see they're using the ABC logo.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Password DVD game peak
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
The line that amused me was "Television not included".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tvrandywest

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 02:02:52 PM »
The one and only Todd Newton "hosts" the Password DVD game. Bob Eubanks "hosts" the Newlywed DVD Game. Production begins shortly on another classic game show's DVD version (hint: it was a game revived for CBS' GSM... in addition to the LMAD DVD game already out).

Randy
www.tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:06:31 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 02:37:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'128324\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 01:02 PM\']
The one and only Todd Newton "hosts" the Password DVD game. Bob Eubanks "hosts" the Newlywed DVD Game. Production begins shortly on another classic game show's DVD version (hint: it was a game revived for CBS' GSM... in addition to the LMAD DVD game already out).[/quote]

Is Endless holding a seance to raise Bud Collyer from the dead?  :)

Allstar87

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'128324\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 02:02 PM\']
The one and only Todd Newton "hosts" the Password DVD game. Bob Eubanks "hosts" the Newlywed DVD Game. Production begins shortly on another classic game show's DVD version (hint: it was a game revived for CBS' GSM... in addition to the LMAD DVD game already out).
[/quote]

The one that makes the most sense to me is "Press Your Luck". That's gotta be easy to do; just hit a button on your remote, win thousands in imaginary money.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Password DVD game peak
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'128343\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 11:42 AM\']
The one that makes the most sense to me is "Press Your Luck". That's gotta be easy to do; just hit a button on your remote, win thousands in imaginary money.
[/quote]
The one that it will be, however, is "Match Game". I'd be surprised if it was anything else.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 03:08:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'128347\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 02:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'128343\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 11:42 AM\']
[/quote]
The one that it will be, however, is "Match Game". I'd be surprised if it was anything else.
[/quote]

Last year at this time, I'd seen Press Your Luck listed as one of the "coming soon," games from B1 Games, on their website.  This company has worked in conjunction with Pressman in developing the combination DVD/Board games based on 24, American Chopper, and Amazing Race.  

Their website does not list PYL anymore, but unless Randy was referring to the MG DVD game, the only other possibilities would be PYL or Card Sharks (Beat the Clock DVD isn't highly likely, IMHO!).

Jimmy Owen

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »
I don't know...to do BTC all you would need is some dry ice, a dozen milk bottles, a couple of playpens, some string and pulleys, some helium.....
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvrandywest

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'128349\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:08 PM\']
Their website does not list PYL anymore, but unless Randy was referring to the MG DVD game, the only other possibilities would be PYL or Card Sharks (Beat the Clock DVD isn't highly likely, IMHO!).
[/quote]
Not MG   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:24:15 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Pyramid80

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 05:20:54 PM »
I am looking forward to the Password DVD game, but I really wish it could have been Super/Plus version.  I find it more entertaining to try and solve the puzzles, and not just guess random words.

TimK2003

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'128360\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 03:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'128349\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 12:08 PM\']
[/quote]
Not MG   ;-)
[/quote]

I'm betting Card Sharks, because I believe that the creating the inner workings of that show onto a DVD format are much simpler than those of Press Your Luck's.  However, with this quiet surge of game show DVD's hitting the market, I cannot see PYL being too far behind.

Now if only we could bring Mr. Perry out of retirement to provide the voicework for the calling of the cards.

<JP> Higher than a seven....OhNooooohhhh!!! </JP>

BrandonFG

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 08:23:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' post=\'128373\' date=\'Aug 21 2006, 05:20 PM\']
I am looking forward to the Password DVD game, but I really wish it could have been Super/Plus version.  I find it more entertaining to try and solve the puzzles, and not just guess random words.
[/quote]
I wonder how much extra work would have to be put into actually guessing the puzzle...the clue words are no problem, but would it be difficult to have the player type in their guess for the puzzle?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Pyramid80

Password DVD game peak
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
Has anyone found the Password DVD game in stores yet?  According to Amazon.com and Target.com, they both have the game as "in stock" and Target also says it is available in stores.