Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Time Limitations on Auditioning for Different Shows  (Read 1423 times)

Moe Train

Time Limitations on Auditioning for Different Shows
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:49:02 PM »
I was wondering if there is a period of time which must elapse between the time you appear on one show and can audition for another?  I've heard conflicting views on this, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are.  Also, is it possible to take clips from a show that you were on and add it to your "reel," or are there legal steps which must be taken with that?

I've done other things in the entertainment industry prior to being on Chain Reaction, and I have clearance to use the material which I have collected...  However, I'm not too sure how it works when you're dealing with gameshows.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:50:20 PM by Moe Train »

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »
When I was on Jeopardy!, the rule is that you can not apply if you have been a game/dating/reality show in the last year or three g/d/r shows in the last ten years. I don't know if that's standard, but that's how Sony does it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:57:25 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 06:01:40 PM »
I think it differs from show to show, but that's roughly standard, I think.

Moe, what I would do is simply ask them for permission to use it on your reel. They would know better than we would what they allow and what they don't, and all they can do is say no, right?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 06:30:36 PM »
What kind of reel are you talking about? If it's to get acting model jobs, I don't see why not...but then again, I don't see what a producer would see from a clip of you on a game show....(ad libbing vs. thespiaining)...

If it's for a journalism based reel, then I wouldn't, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with journalism.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Timsterino

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »
Moe, it depends on the show you are trying to get on. Some of the newer shows like "1 vs 100" have no previous game show restrictions. Some like Jeopardy! and WOF are stricter as stated above.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 07:49:11 PM by Timsterino »

Moe Train

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 09:11:30 PM »
Well, I've done some acting, emceeing and modeling, so I guess it could be used for anything.  Different jobs look for different things.  Some modeling gigs I've gotten for my "high energy" approach rather than just the snobby image that most give off.  What I'm thinking is that the more rounded your reel/portfolio is, the better off you are...  I'd imagine that it would show the casting people your range.