Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Midnight Money Madness...  (Read 2376 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Midnight Money Madness...
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:15:44 AM »
Lame....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jalman

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:35:10 AM »
I gotta give a What the *Blank* to this so far...

...but, hey, prize-times-two being offered after the break. *yawn*

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:09 AM »

That was, bar none, the worst "game show" I've ever seen.  And I've seen the entire run of TTD '90.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 03:15:49 AM »
Not only that, the ending was very chaotic & wierd.  I'll take Playmania over this any day.

ShoeHorn

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 02:47:24 AM »
Tonight's trainwreck concluded with one of the hosts giving away the final "Nightcap" question's answer and the answer to the first puzzle for tomorrow night.

Also, Danny Woodburn, dwarf-sized actor from Death to Smoochy and some other things was the "celeb" for the evening. He might as well be the host as he just started yelling "just take a damned phone call" a few times along with lamenting over what happened to his career when he ended up on that show, etc.

I think I'll be watching this and saving my cash just to see if it can bottom out at some point.

davewalls

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:01:08 PM »
I watched the first hour of MMM last night, getting a call back to play, but got disconnected when they tried to go to my call. Figures.

One thing my girlfriend and I found amusing: In the second puzzle, they went to a caller, who gave the correct answer. Problem was, the call screener put through the winner of the FIRST puzzle who was still on hold to give her info.

To add onto that..after they realized she was the last puzzle's winner, they put her on hold, and put through two or three more people..who still couldn't get the answer, even though the right answer had already been given.

Seriously...really poor knockoff of a poor show to begin with. Danny Woodburn looked like he wanted to put a gun in his mouth. So did we.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 01:14:10 PM »
I'm gonna take Mark's "Lame" and add an "Ugh" to it. Granted, I haven't seen this show the whole way through (and don't intend to), but from what I have seen...

I think the wrong show was criticized for its production values (re: Melman's rant on PlayMania). These are just plain...crappy. No better word to describe on my part.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

GS Warehouse

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
Let's fix up Woody Paige's post a little:
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'130386\' date=\'Sep 5 2006, 01:14 PM\']... this show ...st...ink...s...[/quote]
I haven't seen MMM yet, and based on this thread I'm one of the lucky ones.  I've been ending some of my weeknights with Adult Swim lately, if you think MMM is going to change that, then You Don't Know J...oops, wrong Paul Reubens alter ego. :-)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 02:49:01 PM by GS Warehouse »

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »
Still haven't seen a full episode (I prolly will eventually), just the clip on Youtube. All I wanna know is...

You mean to tell me that 900 numbers still EXIST?!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Hastin

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:54 AM »
Callbacks for MM are plentyful. For one show, I entered 8 times, got 5 callbacks, and got on the show twice (but didn't win anything). Still, it's nice to have a show that I can watch/play on the Pacific Feed.
-Hastin :)