Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC "Password"  (Read 1403 times)

pyrfan

ABC "Password"
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:02:03 PM »
This seems like an ideal time to ask questions about the ABC pre-1975 "Password," for those who remember:

1. Was there a tournament of champs (and quarterfinals games) every year that the show was on?

2. How many players were invited back for the quarterfinal weeks? And what was the criteria for being invited back -- amount of money won or number of games won (or neither)?

3. What was the scoring format for the quarterfinal games? And did the quarterfinal winner get anything special, other than being invited back for a later tournament?

4. I'm assuming that if there were quarterfinal weeks, there had to be a semifinal week. If so, was this the one that aired directly before the finals week? (Dumb question, I know, but I might as well be thorough.)

5. What was the scoring format for the finals week?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Brendan

Ian Wallis

ABC "Password"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:13:16 AM »
1. Was there a tournament of champs (and quarterfinals games) every year that the show was on?

From what little I remember of it, plus TVGuide listings, I believe there was a tournament every year.  Elizabeth Montgomery was always a guest when it occured.  They also had something called a "quarterly contest" (whatever that was).  TVGuide even stated "quarterly contest" when describing those episodes.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!