Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Stop The Lights"  (Read 2050 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"Stop The Lights"
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:08:26 PM »
A while ago, when there was a functional message board devoted to Press Your Luck, a member brought up something that, if it's true, may be interesting.

He said something about a show produced in the 50s called "Stop The Lights" that was very similar to PYL/SC, but used "robbers" instead of whammies or devils.

He also mentioned that a (then-) current professor at Harvard was the director of the show, which never aired because of the big-money quiz show scandals.

When I first read it, I didn't believe it.

But I have no idea.

Can anyone bring any merit to this claim?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

dazztardly

"Stop The Lights"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'131075\' date=\'Sep 11 2006, 01:08 PM\']
A while ago, when there was a functional message board devoted to Press Your Luck, a member brought up something that, if it's true, may be interesting.

He said something about a show produced in the 50s called "Stop The Lights" that was very similar to PYL/SC, but used "robbers" instead of whammies or devils.

He also mentioned that a (then-) current professor at Harvard was the director of the show, which never aired because of the big-money quiz show scandals.

When I first read it, I didn't believe it.

But I have no idea.

Can anyone bring any merit to this claim?
[/quote]

It sounds like you've been had by a troll.

-Dan
FLASHGames²

Allstar87

"Stop The Lights"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:55:57 PM »
Heh, I thought I was the only one who remembered that post. I remember reading the same thing, way back in 2001.

I also think it's false. I think if it did exist, more info would've cropped up by now.