Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ultimate Blackjack Tour  (Read 2356 times)

FOXSportsFan

Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned on here, couldn't find anything on the search function, but there's a new blackjack series in town, the Ultimate Blackjack Tour on CBS.  Max Rubin is the analyst alongside former Nick GaS outcast Mati Moralejo.  Shandi Finnessey and former Barker Beauty Nikki Ziering serve as eye candy.

Looks promising and all, but why Moralejo as host?!?  

I mean I know why they aren't using Matt "I Live in My Parent's Basement" Vasgersian (he's made the full circle jump from XFL to low tier NFL announcing with FOX), but wasn't anyone else available?

Note: Apologies ahead of time for the overrun on the subheading.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 02:13:56 PM by FOXSportsFan »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 02:39:14 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'131778\' date=\'Sep 16 2006, 11:10 AM\']
[/quote]
My guess, the same reason Coolio keeps popping up on these celebrity shows: he was available.

Pretty much guarantees I won't be watching, though.
I mean I know why they aren't using Matt "I Live in My Parent's Basement" Vasgersian (he's made the full circle jump from XFL to low tier NFL announcing with FOX), but wasn't anyone else available?
He's doing TV for the Padres, too. So my guess is that he's moved out of the basement and is doing just fine for himself.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131781\' date=\'Sep 16 2006, 02:39 PM\']
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'131778\' date=\'Sep 16 2006, 11:10 AM\']
[/quote]
My guess, the same reason Coolio keeps popping up on these celebrity shows: he was available.

Pretty much guarantees I won't be watching, though.
He's doing TV for the Padres, too. So my guess is that he's moved out of the basement and is doing just fine for himself.
[/quote]

The basement line was a quip from Bil Dwyer in a video game commercial the two were in a few years ago.  Yeah, he's been with the Padres for a couple of seasons...didn't stop him from doing the first few GSN Blackjack series, now did it?  I'm just going by the common logic that they didn't want a FOX NFL announcer doing anything on CBS.

And, as I type, Hollywood Dave (acting as a player of course) just had what appears to be his 27th orgasm of the hour.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 02:49:53 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'131782\' date=\'Sep 16 2006, 11:42 AM\']
The basement line was a quip from Bil Dwyer in a video game commercial the two were in a few years ago.  
[/quote]
Yeah, they did one of the Sony Sports spots, I remember.
Hollywood Dave (acting as a player of course)
Could not be more appropriate.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmruready

Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 02:58:01 PM »
well, comparing to WSoBJ, show runs too fast for me. It's basically show the first hand, show eliminations, whiz thru the game, make sure Shandi (red hair?!) or Nikki get hit on, and feature heads-up.

I don't get why they feel GSN ripped off their idea because the only similarity is elimination hands.

Might as well just allow Hollywood play in every show for more entertainment. At least it is watchable when the early college games turn into blowouts.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 01:09:33 AM »
I don't get why they feel GSN ripped off their idea because the only similarity is elimination hands.

That's enough.  Tournament Blackjack doesn't have elimination hands.  If UBT thought the twist up first, then they may have a beef, but it's unimportant in the Grand Scheme Of Things, because the audiences are so niche, it's not a case worth pursuing.
This signature is currently under construction.

cmruready

Ultimate Blackjack Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »
but it's unimportant in the Grand Scheme Of Things, because the audiences are so niche, it's not a case worth pursuing.

agreed.